Aftermarket Plates

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BobcatKW

Hi everyone, new guy here, I have an 1996 763 that has some rust issues (South Florida climate) I have a lot of rust under the seat/rops/fops cage. I was wondering if there were some pre-made diamond plate or other material that would bolt on (I've already ground out the rust and Ospho'd the crap out of it) also looking for replacement carpet/heat shield for behind the seat. any help would be appreciated .

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

I've searched everywhere, nothing. looks like I will make my own out of 3/16 's alum. diamond plate, found a 4x8 sheet for $200 delivered. I guess you can't post pics on here.

Tazza

Staff member
I've searched everywhere, nothing. looks like I will make my own out of 3/16 's alum. diamond plate, found a 4x8 sheet for $200 delivered. I guess you can't post pics on here.
You can post pics, click the media button up the top, follow the instructions and they will upload. The other was is to put them on say photobucket.
I had something close to that, i got automotive/marine carpet for behind the seat. Glued it on, and looks great! cheap too, the carpet cost about $15

Rojas

You can post pics, click the media button up the top, follow the instructions and they will upload. The other was is to put them on say photobucket.
I had something close to that, i got automotive/marine carpet for behind the seat. Glued it on, and looks great! cheap too, the carpet cost about $15
I took Tazza's advice on my 763. It had the same issues you describe. I picked up some 36" heavy weight, rubber backed, indoor/outdoor carpet runner and glued it in place of the old material. It looks great. I don't know how well it's going to hold up as I've just completed it and don't have time on it. I suspect it will be fine. Picked it up a Lowes for a couple bucks a running foot.

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

I took Tazza's advice on my 763. It had the same issues you describe. I picked up some 36" heavy weight, rubber backed, indoor/outdoor carpet runner and glued it in place of the old material. It looks great. I don't know how well it's going to hold up as I've just completed it and don't have time on it. I suspect it will be fine. Picked it up a Lowes for a couple bucks a running foot.
What did you guys use for glue on the carpet ? I have been wire wheel brushing for three straight days and putting Ospho (rust converter) now I am ready to prime and paint but there is a 50% chance of rain. I found a 763 decal kit for $39.99, which has the 763 with blue stripes, the bobcat IR for the back hatch, and decals for both arms. www.motodecal.com. I'll let you know the quality of them when they get here.

Rojas

What did you guys use for glue on the carpet ? I have been wire wheel brushing for three straight days and putting Ospho (rust converter) now I am ready to prime and paint but there is a 50% chance of rain. I found a 763 decal kit for $39.99, which has the 763 with blue stripes, the bobcat IR for the back hatch, and decals for both arms. www.motodecal.com. I'll let you know the quality of them when they get here.
I believe it was Henry indoor/outdoor carpet adhesive. What they sold at Lowes or Home Depot. Put it on with a notched trowel. I think you will be pleased with those decals. I ordered the same set. I just started putting them on last weekend. Did the arms and it's starting to look nice.

Tazza

Staff member
I believe it was Henry indoor/outdoor carpet adhesive. What they sold at Lowes or Home Depot. Put it on with a notched trowel. I think you will be pleased with those decals. I ordered the same set. I just started putting them on last weekend. Did the arms and it's starting to look nice.
I just used plain old contact cement, stuck REALLY well. Its been over a year, its still stuck on there tight.

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

Thanks for the answers, I'll take care of that this week !
Damn near sliced off the tip of my finger running a piece of sandpaper over an area that I had primer-ed, guess I missed a burr with the wire brush, should be fun playing softball tonight with an "OWIE" picked up some indoor / outdoor carpet and glue at the Home Depot. Can you go blind spraying Chevy orange paint onto a rim in the bright Florida sunshine ?? The bobcat decals are very nice.

Tazza

Staff member
Damn near sliced off the tip of my finger running a piece of sandpaper over an area that I had primer-ed, guess I missed a burr with the wire brush, should be fun playing softball tonight with an "OWIE" picked up some indoor / outdoor carpet and glue at the Home Depot. Can you go blind spraying Chevy orange paint onto a rim in the bright Florida sunshine ?? The bobcat decals are very nice.
*wince* i hope your finger heals quickly!
We have all done it, doesn't take much of a bur to cut like a razor blade :(

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

*wince* i hope your finger heals quickly!
We have all done it, doesn't take much of a bur to cut like a razor blade :(
Got the carpet in and all of the wheels done, trying to put that little window back in the top of the cage is a PITA ! When I was taping off the control panel I taped the lights on! Which were covered up..........dead battery. Taking a break from it today and swilling beer in the A/C !