aftermarket parts and track advise bobcat T300

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rackmaster

Ive been online looking at after market idlers for a t300, and its about time for new tracks. any companies that yall recommend for idlers? I dont want to put one on and have to replace it, the ones on there now have 1500 hrs on them. what about tracks? I will say a mobile bobcat mechanic told me that most bobcat parts are just outsourced to the cheapest bidder now, he suggested I just buy online. but there has to be some aftermarkets that are junk and some that are good.

OP
OP
R

rackmaster

Loader Parts Source will probably have them, and they are an advertiser here as well.

Tractor Parts ASAP will have them; I have a skidsteer parts catalog from them and they are listed in it.
Thank you, i can find them on several sites, Maybe my post was not clear, but what I was asking is, what experience does anyone have with the quality of aftermarket parts on items like this track idler. My concern, is the quality the same on different aftermarket suppliers, or compared to oem? I did call Loader Part source, since they advertise here and web site said call, I did but parts dept were in a meeting and she took my name, number and I gave her the sku#, they never returned my call. After a day, i did some online looking and decided to ask this question online. Ive found them on several sites ranging from 219 to 359 and dealer is 450. Just concerned about the quality, id rather pay more to know it will last 1500 hrs vs 300 hrs. Thanks,

OP
OP
R

rackmaster

well, i went ahead and bought, needed to get it on its way. but , in case any other needs the info, this is what I found out. Just a handfull of companies make them, most are china made . I spoke to 10 sellers listed in search of track idler, bobcat. KTSU made ( china) were sold by 5 if them 3 could or would not tell me 1, said they were made for them out of s korea (penton) , did not name company 1- Loader parts source was made in Turkey, but out of stock and did not really know when they would be in. but Im sure they would have been good. Price varied from 212 plus shipping to 440 plus shipping I choose the KTSU manufactured and spent 345 for one shipped. several of the guys had experience with being mechanic or service managers at bobcat prior to this job.

Latest posts