advertising

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jawb

was looking to see what your main method of advertising is, i have had no luck with the local paper, i have better luck with craigs list, so far meeting with contractors is my best method for getting work. whats yours?

pelpel

Greetings, Yellowpages did it for me. I do this part time and keep myself busy enough to justify the cost of about $CDN 150.00 / month. Peter

BPS

Greetings, Yellowpages did it for me. I do this part time and keep myself busy enough to justify the cost of about $CDN 150.00 / month. Peter
The yellow pages contacted me the other day about placing an ad with them. Their prices are outrageous. Plus we get two different phone books here and I'm not sure if that gets me in both or not. We get one "yellow book" and one Verizon book.

TheMaster

Use your truck and trailer for advertising purposes. Get magnetic signs for your family vehicles so you can take them off when you dont want to display them. Always advertise your business with a front lawn sign wherever you work for the day and remove it at the end of your job. You'd be amazed what that can do. If you prefer to limit your working radius, install small signs on lamp posts in your preferred area. Install them high enough so its out of reach but still visible. Make sure you dont violate local by-laws. Even though local bylaws may state that you cannot post bills, you may still have the right under "freedom of expression" based on where you live. Check with a free legal service in your community.

Bandit1047

Use your truck and trailer for advertising purposes. Get magnetic signs for your family vehicles so you can take them off when you dont want to display them. Always advertise your business with a front lawn sign wherever you work for the day and remove it at the end of your job. You'd be amazed what that can do. If you prefer to limit your working radius, install small signs on lamp posts in your preferred area. Install them high enough so its out of reach but still visible. Make sure you dont violate local by-laws. Even though local bylaws may state that you cannot post bills, you may still have the right under "freedom of expression" based on where you live. Check with a free legal service in your community.
To TheMaster, Could we get a bigger picture of that! My old eyes are staining and a larger copy of that would be appreciated. If that is your wife or girl freind, I bet she dosn't know you put up a bragging shot of her on the Forum. Joe

TheMaster

To TheMaster, Could we get a bigger picture of that! My old eyes are staining and a larger copy of that would be appreciated. If that is your wife or girl freind, I bet she dosn't know you put up a bragging shot of her on the Forum. Joe
Hey Joe, a bigger picture might force you out of retirement. That picture is there to remind me that life is not all that bad when my skid steer is broken and out of commission. It reminds me that there's something else that puts a smile on my face. ;)

Bandit1047

Hey Joe, a bigger picture might force you out of retirement. That picture is there to remind me that life is not all that bad when my skid steer is broken and out of commission. It reminds me that there's something else that puts a smile on my face. ;)
All work and no play makes life dull! Joe

sp6x6

I use craigslist. I have gotten some good leads from there. Also, get yourself on Angie's list. They cost a little bit, but the people who use it are usually pretty good customers.
In my area you get one free listing on "yellow pages.com"IM working on web site for 2 bussiness I run

Iowa Dave

Get your name out in front of as many people as possible. Sponsor little league, soccer teams, pee-wee football and basketball, etc--pretty cheap and the kids wear the t-shirts with your name on them for a long time after the season is over. I think you really need to be in yellow pages even though it does cost quite a bit. Give a local garden club a few hundred dollars for a beautification project downtown if they will put a "donated by" sign on it. Do the same for about any organization that needs a little help.I takes $$ but will be worth it!! Also, I have pretty much quit doing jobs for other contractors--they always want you to work cheap--there is far better money in working "retail" for individual consumers--and that takes LOTS of advertising. Also, many times Little Leagues softball leagues, etc need work done on their fields. Do it for free if they put up a "donated by" sign. Lots of people will see it.