Advantages of a deluxe panel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, i got myself a 753G with a standard panel. I'm wondering if there were any real advantages with going for a deluxe panel. Sure, it has keyless start, shows engine RPM etc but is there any real advantage? I'm not sure what a new panel would set me back, but i'm sure it won't be cheap. If one was even available second hand i'm sure it would be expensive too.
Thoughts?

Fishfiles

the right panel is $825 and the left $360 -----just more expensive than you got now parts to go out in the future ---------I am not sure if all the enhancements would be available if you put a deluxe panel in a 763G , some cool features are one : vitals gives you gauges which cover oil , hydr. , voltage , charge pressure , two: troubleshooting gives you the fault codes and what they mean and probable cause of code , sometimes even the part number of the part needed to make the repair , and it will do a few other things ------ if you don't have it , you don't need it , is what I think --------------what happen to Da' Tool

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
the right panel is $825 and the left $360 -----just more expensive than you got now parts to go out in the future ---------I am not sure if all the enhancements would be available if you put a deluxe panel in a 763G , some cool features are one : vitals gives you gauges which cover oil , hydr. , voltage , charge pressure , two: troubleshooting gives you the fault codes and what they mean and probable cause of code , sometimes even the part number of the part needed to make the repair , and it will do a few other things ------ if you don't have it , you don't need it , is what I think --------------what happen to Da' Tool
I didn't know i'd need both left and right panels but it makes sense they are matched. The one thing i did notice was the wiring to the panel, at least half the amount of a standard BICS machine. I had a look and thought wow, only 10 or so wires for the dash, its a nice change from the mass thats normally there.
I was thinking the same, not sure if it has the senders for the vitals. I know it has all the pressure senders and engine RPM but say aux flow rates, i don't see anything that could monitor that. Also the more fancy gizmos you fit the more potential issues down the track.
It needs some work but very low hours! starts so easily and has heaps of power (non turbo model). Looks horrible, and needs the aux hydraulics fixing, waiting on coils and stems to fix that. The bobtach pins are really worn, i suspect into the bobtach its self... fun repair job i think....

Iowa Dave

I run LOTS of attachments, and I really like being able to monitor the hydraulics, especially temp of fluid on a hot day. Job clock is also nice--we use it for tracking projects and then use the info for bidding future projects. Knowing who was the operator when a code is thrown is also nice--we let an operator go when he had more "issues" than the other operators. Also kinda neat to see engine oil pressure digitally, but only for peace of mind. The codes are a great help when troubleshooting--that feature alone is invaluable--makes many repairs real easy. I don't think, if I was a casual user, that I'd spend the $$ to retrofit, but wouldn't be without if making a living with the machines, especially with multiple operators. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, my FAVORITE "extra" is a CabCam. About $300 US. Wouldn't be without it.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
I run LOTS of attachments, and I really like being able to monitor the hydraulics, especially temp of fluid on a hot day. Job clock is also nice--we use it for tracking projects and then use the info for bidding future projects. Knowing who was the operator when a code is thrown is also nice--we let an operator go when he had more "issues" than the other operators. Also kinda neat to see engine oil pressure digitally, but only for peace of mind. The codes are a great help when troubleshooting--that feature alone is invaluable--makes many repairs real easy. I don't think, if I was a casual user, that I'd spend the $$ to retrofit, but wouldn't be without if making a living with the machines, especially with multiple operators. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, my FAVORITE "extra" is a CabCam. About $300 US. Wouldn't be without it.
Thanks for the input, i just need to consider if its worth the money. I only run 2 attachments, a hoe and a 4 in 1, for just 2 attachments i can't see its required to monitor it. The oil pressure and temperature would be an asset though. The job counter isn't any use to me as i only do stuff around home.

Fishfiles

Thanks for the input, i just need to consider if its worth the money. I only run 2 attachments, a hoe and a 4 in 1, for just 2 attachments i can't see its required to monitor it. The oil pressure and temperature would be an asset though. The job counter isn't any use to me as i only do stuff around home.
One thing I learned that may help you if you go the deluxe route or someone else with a deluxe is : when you pick your code may sure that it doesn't include any button of the master code , a lot of time one of the buttons will go out and you can't use say the 1-2 button , if your master doesn't use that button you can then use the master to unlock it and reset the code to something that doesn't use the 1-2 button and keep going , if not then you would have to buy a new controller -----when you put a keyless deluxe into a machine that will accept it then it automatic reconizes it and all you have to do is hit enter then start , this is the unlocked mode , with the master code you can go in and put it in the lock mode and set a code , once it is installed you would need the master code to put it back to key panel ---

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
One thing I learned that may help you if you go the deluxe route or someone else with a deluxe is : when you pick your code may sure that it doesn't include any button of the master code , a lot of time one of the buttons will go out and you can't use say the 1-2 button , if your master doesn't use that button you can then use the master to unlock it and reset the code to something that doesn't use the 1-2 button and keep going , if not then you would have to buy a new controller -----when you put a keyless deluxe into a machine that will accept it then it automatic reconizes it and all you have to do is hit enter then start , this is the unlocked mode , with the master code you can go in and put it in the lock mode and set a code , once it is installed you would need the master code to put it back to key panel ---
Thats a very good point! No matter how well the buttons are built they will always fail in time, i had one on my aux hydraulic button on the dash quit working on my 751. You would be in trouble if it was a button used to un-lock the machine!

Fishfiles

Thats a very good point! No matter how well the buttons are built they will always fail in time, i had one on my aux hydraulic button on the dash quit working on my 751. You would be in trouble if it was a button used to un-lock the machine!
Have you ever noticed that a key board in time will show you what buttons are being used and not used , a lot of times I can figure the code of a machine by looking at the panel and trying a few combinations , the machine will lock up for a few minutes if you press in the wrong code too many times , but I have found that some machines lock up faster than others , some 5 bad trys and it locks , some you can do it 10 times , I seen a few that are no limit , no logic there ------people who us codes like 1111 are easy to figure out , only one button is worn

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Have you ever noticed that a key board in time will show you what buttons are being used and not used , a lot of times I can figure the code of a machine by looking at the panel and trying a few combinations , the machine will lock up for a few minutes if you press in the wrong code too many times , but I have found that some machines lock up faster than others , some 5 bad trys and it locks , some you can do it 10 times , I seen a few that are no limit , no logic there ------people who us codes like 1111 are easy to figure out , only one button is worn
hehe never thought of that either! and it doesn't take a great deal to work it out....
No matter what you do, if someone wants your machine, its going! I'm amazed they aren't set to have say 3-5 attempts then a dealer MUST un-lock, or at least set a re-try for say 10 minutes or longer. I know our eftmos machine at work is like that, you enter the code in 3 times wrong it will lock you out for an hour or so.

jerry

hehe never thought of that either! and it doesn't take a great deal to work it out....
No matter what you do, if someone wants your machine, its going! I'm amazed they aren't set to have say 3-5 attempts then a dealer MUST un-lock, or at least set a re-try for say 10 minutes or longer. I know our eftmos machine at work is like that, you enter the code in 3 times wrong it will lock you out for an hour or so.
Tazza , I have to ask. What is a eftmos machine? thanks

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza , I have to ask. What is a eftmos machine? thanks
oops typo!!! Eftpos like a credit card machine, swipe the card and it debits the card and puts it in the business account.
So yeah, credit card machine :) sorry!

jerry

oops typo!!! Eftpos like a credit card machine, swipe the card and it debits the card and puts it in the business account.
So yeah, credit card machine :) sorry!
I thought it was maybe a dumb question but turns out I learned something today. thanks