Adding cab heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Denguy

I'm interested in adding a cab heater to my Case Skid loader. The only room I have is in the rear of the cab mounted from the cab ceiling. My question is when you run the water lines from the engine to the heater what is likely to happen? Will adding coolant in the system from below at the coolant reservoir bottle or radiator work? You need to force it up to the heater unit and would think there would be back pressure. There are factory heaters / AC in this same cab location of the XT's - not sure how they do this? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

OP
OP
D

Denguy

Never mind I figured it out. The two water hoses would be a closed system and would not drain the heat unit with out drawing water from the motor. I theorized the water would be forced out of the radiator fill cap - no worries.

Tazza

Staff member
Never mind I figured it out. The two water hoses would be a closed system and would not drain the heat unit with out drawing water from the motor. I theorized the water would be forced out of the radiator fill cap - no worries.
They are generally installed between the by-pass hose on the engine, the only problem is some setups don't have enough pressure to move much coolant through the heater core. There is a member here that installed an electric water pump to move coolant through the heater core and it works really well! no need for flow restrictors to force more hot coolant through the heater core.