99 Bobcat 863 not starting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
M

mikorne

So I've ruled out fuel lines from the tank to the primer. Primer to the fuel pump. Fuel pump to the filter. The last line I get fuel flow is on the outbound side of the filter. This line connects to a hard line to the fuel injectors. Disconnected each line on the injectors with no fuel confirmation when trying to start. No pulse of fuel coming out. Reading back through some of the advice about the fuel shutoff solenoid being a possible culprit. Some folks have recommended bypassing the solenoid to verify this as the issue. The problem I'm having with that, is I can't visibly locate anything that looks like the described solenoid or pictures I've looked at on my machine. Below my alternator and above my linkage on the right side I have a square relay or some sort that has 2 wires with verified power. I've unscrewed it and removed it and it has a 3 prong plug that it disconnects from. This might be a little easier if I could attach a photo or two for some confirmation.
So after breaking down each part of the fuel system and determining there was no fuel to the injectors, I finally tackled the fuel solenoid after suggestions this could be the culprit for lack of fuel to the injectors. Pulled the solenoid and sure enough, it fired right up! I want to thank everyone for their input, without it, I'd be spending a few bills on a mobile mechanic. Thanks All!!

Tazza

Staff member
So after breaking down each part of the fuel system and determining there was no fuel to the injectors, I finally tackled the fuel solenoid after suggestions this could be the culprit for lack of fuel to the injectors. Pulled the solenoid and sure enough, it fired right up! I want to thank everyone for their input, without it, I'd be spending a few bills on a mobile mechanic. Thanks All!!
Always the last place you look.....

bobbie-g

Always the last place you look.....
Hot dawg! Here's the dope on my new solenoid: Part no. D4103812 from MemoParts 817-488-4444 in TX, new harness (called a "pipe") is D4213069, $230 total, about 2 years ago. Whole lot cheaper than I found anywhere else. --- Glad you found it, and many thanks for the feed back to the forum, for the next guy with a similar problem. :) ---Bobbie G

mmsllc

Hot dawg! Here's the dope on my new solenoid: Part no. D4103812 from MemoParts 817-488-4444 in TX, new harness (called a "pipe") is D4213069, $230 total, about 2 years ago. Whole lot cheaper than I found anywhere else. --- Glad you found it, and many thanks for the feed back to the forum, for the next guy with a similar problem. :) ---Bobbie G
I'm glad you got the engine to run. I know the fuel shut down solenoid is not an external type (on the duetz diesel engines), so a simple string / wire could not of been used for a faster verification. Glad you got it going.

SkidRoe

Congrats!! Glad to here you found it. Cheers - SR

Latest posts