97 751c Bics system question. Open valve fault

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dangle83

This Bobcat has Pougeot engine. I know everyone hates them. With that out of the way, I bought this 751 for cheap (not running) because I always wanted one. It wasn't running so I replaced the head and its running like a champ now. When I went to reassemble everything the bucket and boom would not lift. The bics system is blinking once on the bucket valve light. book says that blinking light means ''valve output is open''. Anyone know what exactly that means? I also took off the two coils on the control block and bench tested them. Both clicked. Any help is greatly appreciated -Jeff

guls67

Have the same machine so just wanted this for my notes case I have the same problem in the future . If you don't mind me asking since you had the head off did you by chance have to mess with timing the injector pump thanks?

Bobcatdan

Have the same machine so just wanted this for my notes case I have the same problem in the future . If you don't mind me asking since you had the head off did you by chance have to mess with timing the injector pump thanks?
Did you test aux coils or the bics coil? The two aux coils are on top of the control vavle. The bics is either on the side of the vavle, or maybe remotely located on that vintage. I don't rember off hand. With a code like that, I'd try a new bics coil.

OP
OP
D

Dangle83

I did time to and mess with the injector pump. Its a neat system. Very easy to time

OP
OP
D

Dangle83

I did time to and mess with the injector pump. Its a neat system. Very easy to time
I could only find two coils. Two on top of the control valve. The parts manual and service manual are horribly illustrate and weren't too much help. When I tested the two coils I left them installed and put 12v to them. I listened for them to click. They both clicked so I assumed they were good. Is there another way to test them?

OP
OP
D

Dangle83

I could only find two coils. Two on top of the control valve. The parts manual and service manual are horribly illustrate and weren't too much help. When I tested the two coils I left them installed and put 12v to them. I listened for them to click. They both clicked so I assumed they were good. Is there another way to test them?
I can't find anything in the parts or service book that tells me what those two coils are on top of the control valve. They are just listed as coils.

guls67

I can't find anything in the parts or service book that tells me what those two coils are on top of the control valve. They are just listed as coils.
Your saying timing the injector pump is easy could you please give me some insight on how you did it please? Thanks chris

Tazza

Staff member
Your saying timing the injector pump is easy could you please give me some insight on how you did it please? Thanks chris
From what i remember, the main timing is easy, use a bolt to lock the gear in place, put the belt on with the others locked too. Loosen the pump and you can rock it from side to side to retard or advance the injection timing.