'95 873 oil leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jmstum

as before i thank you in advance for any help you guys provide. Have this '95 873 that i bought used. I now find a moderate oil leak out the "belly pan" i believe its called. Engine is sideways and from all points of view (which arent many) it seems the leak is from the back side of the oil pan. It almost looks as if the a portion of the oil pan is touching the frame. Maybe rubbed through? I guess my question is whether that pan under the motor is removable and if so is it self explanatory. thank you again

Fishfiles

Sounds like your problem started with the motor mounts possible need replacing as the motor probally settled down , you do realize you have to pull the motor to get the pan off

mrfixitpaul

Sounds like your problem started with the motor mounts possible need replacing as the motor probally settled down , you do realize you have to pull the motor to get the pan off
I'd check for the head gasket leaking oil on the turbo side of the motor...then it runs down along the oil pan. The head gasket can be changed without pulling the motor.