940 Mustang timing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dustin502

I just had the injector pump rebuilt on my 940 mustang and now I can not find any info on the timing for reinstallation, does anyone have this info? Thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
I assume its a rotary pump? not an inline one that is timed by a cam shaft?
Have you tried asking the people that re-built your pump? they may have a book with details of how to time it. I know mine did when i got the Kubota done. Not that it was complicated, they simply use shims.

OP
OP
D

dustin502

I assume its a rotary pump? not an inline one that is timed by a cam shaft?
Have you tried asking the people that re-built your pump? they may have a book with details of how to time it. I know mine did when i got the Kubota done. Not that it was complicated, they simply use shims.
It is an Inline pump, I got the pump put back in and it will start and it runs pretty good. The pump mount bolts are slotted and that is what i'm unsure of. The people that rebuilt the pump didnt have any info on timing it.

Tazza

Staff member
It is an Inline pump, I got the pump put back in and it will start and it runs pretty good. The pump mount bolts are slotted and that is what i'm unsure of. The people that rebuilt the pump didnt have any info on timing it.
Are there shims under the pump at all? I don't think the slots would change it very much, if at all. Shims lift the pump causing later injection. Hopefully its right as it is.

OP
OP
D

dustin502

Are there shims under the pump at all? I don't think the slots would change it very much, if at all. Shims lift the pump causing later injection. Hopefully its right as it is.
No shims, it's close but it's not right

Tazza

Staff member
No shims, it's close but it's not right
Can you move it back and forth a little bit to get it to run better? or is it a big job to adjust?
I was told how to judge where the injection timing was meant to be by the smoke, but i can't remember what i was told now..... Hopefully someone that has more experience with diesels than i do will chime in.