92 742b need some advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

h-m

hello all of you knowledgeable fellows....... 92 742B 1842 hours on the meter mitsubushi 4G32 engine. just noticed tonight coolant coming down back side of engine from up by head so i suppose i have blown a head gasket. it has been a workhorse for me on the farm for years. no troubles at all. has never ran hot and is an awesome winter starter etc. what is the life on this mits engine? how hard and expensive is it to just put a head gasket in and go again? looks easy enough and seems like it is pretty straight forward. is my 1842 hours a lot for this engine? if i put this head gasket back in can i expect quite a few more hours out of it? the machine is great and the engine was doing fine until it started peeing coolant. what are your thoughts all? thank you micheal

Tazza

Staff member
Could it just be a welch plug that has corroded out? or another plug?
Can you see where it's coming from? if its not from between the block and head, hopefully it's not the gasket and something simple to chamge out.
I don't know how the cooling system is setup on this engine, I worked on my wife's car that ran a 4G15, there was a coolant pipe that goes from the water pump to the thermostat housing, the pipe here was a bit rusty and can be a cause of leaks.