873 not blowing air through vents?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dozer

I have a 1999 873 w/ factory cab/heat. The problem is that the fans are kicking out almost no air. I took off the filters and the fans are running strong but still no air out the vents. I took off the vents and cleaned out a substantial amount of crud. I can blow air from one vent to the other side but not up to the fans. It appears that there are fins below the fan motors which look to be plugged up pretty good.
how do you clean those fins underneath the fan motors? Do I have to take out the motors and if so how do I do that?
thanks,
Dozer

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=31159 This link tells how to remove the hvac unit, open up the unit and clean out the heater core fins.
I had looked at that link but didn't know if it applied to the larger frame 800 series. It Does though.
After getting it off I flipped it out and took a vaccumm, garden hose, and air compressor to it. I couldn't believe how much was still in there. But after getting it clean I got it back in (not fun!) and now it will move some air. Still a little weak on the right hand side but a vast improvement over where it was.
Thanks,
Dozer

Latest posts