873 new poster HELP !

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Reddirt

My Bobcat 873 is resting under a shady old oak tree waiting for me to figure out how to fix a leak. I raised the cab and as I'm looking at the snakes nest of hydraulic lines to my left ( or really the right side of the machine ) I see a pump that has control rods going to the foot pedals and a flat cross bar to the other side of the machine. At the back of the pump towards the rear of the machine , are two caps , a green one above a red cap . Fluid is leaking from the red cap ( which fell off ) The area where the leak is has what looks like a shaft that will move fore and aft when foot pedals are pushed . I called Bobcat service man and he tells me I need to take this pump off and have a seal and springs and ball bearings replaced on this shaft .Says parts are about $66 and labor $400 (!) I'm a good mechanic and think I can fix this leak . Questions : What is that pump named ? What is does this shaft do ? ( I THINK its a proportioning valve ) Any advice on sequence of hose removal ? I'm going back to the shade tree and clean the dirt off pump and remove it . My phone number is 864-985-9399 and REALLY would appreciate some help. I'll even donate $25 to this forum for some tech help about the above questions , THANKS

OP
OP
R

Reddirt

Update from Reddirt _ DOH !! this thing I called a PUMP is really a valve and LoaderPartsSource does NOT sell a rebuild kit . Will some one tell me where I can find a exploded schematic of this Valve ?

Bobcatdan

I put the info to repair your control valve here http://www.mediafire.com/view/?r2mnm4k26d90gzq
You should be able to buy the parts kit from the dealer and do it yourself.
Do not waste your time removing the control vavle out, way easier and quicker to do in the machine. Pay real close attention to the way the seals go. Put one in backwards and it will leak in about 5 minutes.

Fishfiles

Do not waste your time removing the control vavle out, way easier and quicker to do in the machine. Pay real close attention to the way the seals go. Put one in backwards and it will leak in about 5 minutes.
just buy the seals from the dealer they are very cheap , you don't need a kit , 4 seals and 2 dust boots , you could get the seals from a seal supplier but not the boots , I change the boots even if they look good , figure it like this , if I don't change them they might not last as long as the new seals and then let dirt get into the seal - if you are far from a dealer then get them to ship them to you UPS or Fed X for about $7 , there are many threads about changing the seals , it takes me between 2.5 to 4 hours to do both spools , the big difference in time is serial number breaks and different models take more time than others ----------- some model Bobcats I have to unhook a few tubes and take out one of the hold down bolts to cock the valve to be able to clear getting it out the rear of the valve , but as far as I remember the 873 is not too bad to do

OP
OP
R

Reddirt

just buy the seals from the dealer they are very cheap , you don't need a kit , 4 seals and 2 dust boots , you could get the seals from a seal supplier but not the boots , I change the boots even if they look good , figure it like this , if I don't change them they might not last as long as the new seals and then let dirt get into the seal - if you are far from a dealer then get them to ship them to you UPS or Fed X for about $7 , there are many threads about changing the seals , it takes me between 2.5 to 4 hours to do both spools , the big difference in time is serial number breaks and different models take more time than others ----------- some model Bobcats I have to unhook a few tubes and take out one of the hold down bolts to cock the valve to be able to clear getting it out the rear of the valve , but as far as I remember the 873 is not too bad to do
I'm really happy about all the e mails sent to me . Lots of great advise !! As to removing the scroll seal on my 873, is it really possible to get the scroll shaft out to fix the seals with out removing the pump ? I'm a very experienced tech (BMW certified ,American motorcycle institute ,X Air Force jet tech) Thanks for the tips...

Bobcatdan

I'm really happy about all the e mails sent to me . Lots of great advise !! As to removing the scroll seal on my 873, is it really possible to get the scroll shaft out to fix the seals with out removing the pump ? I'm a very experienced tech (BMW certified ,American motorcycle institute ,X Air Force jet tech) Thanks for the tips...
I never take the vavle out to do seals. Depending, you may find taking the steer concel out may open the front up. You may have to loosen and move a drive hose(s) to get the spools out the back. Just make sure you put the seals in correct.

OP
OP
R

Reddirt

I never take the vavle out to do seals. Depending, you may find taking the steer concel out may open the front up. You may have to loosen and move a drive hose(s) to get the spools out the back. Just make sure you put the seals in correct.
I have donated $25 from my Pay pal account . I may be back for more help . Thanks folks !