873 Hydrostatic leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wd2011

I am really hoping you guys chime in with nothing but good news. Hey at least I put this in the right place this time!...
So I got my 873 running. Now I am just chasing down leaks. I got one that is really concerning me. It is leaking up from the spools out of the hydrostatic pump where the hand controls link to. Judging by the service manual it looks like I should be able to replace the o-rings without taking the entire pump out. Please tell me that is the case! I'm sure it will be a pain, but it would still have to be less work overall than pulling the engine and hydro pump. The left side also needs to be adjusted to neutral, and perhaps coincidentally the left side spool is leaking more than the right. Could that be causing the left side creep?

hydrostatic

nope leaking of the spool is caused by wear of the oring and in some case the wear of the pump housing bij removing the 2 3/8 bold you can remove the hole asembley needle and sleeve watch out the oil starts runing zo close of the tank to cause vacum, feel with you finger in the hole and feel if the pump housing is worn by feeling two grooves caused by the orings and backup riing a dealer can provide you in that case with new sleeves where the orings are on a different location ( if not happend already) they are expensive greetings h

OP
OP
W

wd2011

nope leaking of the spool is caused by wear of the oring and in some case the wear of the pump housing bij removing the 2 3/8 bold you can remove the hole asembley needle and sleeve watch out the oil starts runing zo close of the tank to cause vacum, feel with you finger in the hole and feel if the pump housing is worn by feeling two grooves caused by the orings and backup riing a dealer can provide you in that case with new sleeves where the orings are on a different location ( if not happend already) they are expensive greetings h
Thanks for the information. So to make sure I understand correctly, if I feel 2 grooves inside the hole in the pump housing I need to get a new sleeve? And if there are more than 2 grooves this has been done before and I need a new pump? Does anybody know if loaderpartssource would have these parts?

OP
OP
W

wd2011

So I did get the assemblies out. I felt inside the hole in the housing and did notice the grooves. I talked to loaderpartsource yesterday and he's never heard of the different sleeves that move the oring location. I talked to the dealer this morning, and he hasn't heard of that either. The dealer is sending me the schematic though so I can look over it. LPS told me though as long as it took some force to get the sleeve out, which it did, a new sleeve with new seals on it should do the trick. Is that the case?

hydrostatic

So I did get the assemblies out. I felt inside the hole in the housing and did notice the grooves. I talked to loaderpartsource yesterday and he's never heard of the different sleeves that move the oring location. I talked to the dealer this morning, and he hasn't heard of that either. The dealer is sending me the schematic though so I can look over it. LPS told me though as long as it took some force to get the sleeve out, which it did, a new sleeve with new seals on it should do the trick. Is that the case?
they do exist i checkt and used them few times bud they are no longer used part number (i think they where not sold )enough 6667897 and wil be not availebel they do have a new sleeve thats 0.05 bigger so they have to machine pump so that will not be an option i also will try the new orings and back up rings and go with that