864 Duetz Engine Rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brentf1965

I have a 2000 Bobcat 864 with the Duetz engine with a little over 5300 hours. All four Cylinders showing around 185psi. Pulled valve cover and no push rods are bent. Pulled Timing Belt Cover and found the two holes are lining up. Engine will only start with a small shot of either. Engine has no real power though. I will rebuild the engine myself, but need to know what you guys think is the best rebuild kit for this engine. Thanks,

Tazza

Staff member
I think you need to get the motor pulled down first, get it to an engine shop to get it measured to see what size pistons and rings you will need after re-boring it plus the crank and cam shaft. They will know what to look for to give you an idea of what parts will be needed.
You can then start searching for new parts, even Ebay might be a place to get an idea of prices too.

ianmcolo

Call Engine Rebuilder in Oakes North Dakota. They specialize in industrial diesel engines. I have purchased many many complete rebuilt engines from the over the years and have had great luck. I have found going that direction tends to be less brain damage than rounding up parts and finding a machine shop that can do the work.

7LBSSMALLIE

STOP. BACK UP DONT FREAK OUT, PULL THE HEAD, INSPECT THE BORES. PROBALLY GONNA SEE CROSS HATCHES ON THEM. IF NOT YOU ARE DOOMED. PROBALY ATE DIRT,IF YOU STILL GOT CROSS HATCH. SEND THE HEAD, KEITH BACK LEX KY, SEND THE TURBO TO0., HE WILL ADVISE. .BEST HEAD GUY IVE EVER KNOWN, HONEST@SQUARED AWAY.

7LBSSMALLIE

STOP. BACK UP DONT FREAK OUT, PULL THE HEAD, INSPECT THE BORES. PROBALLY GONNA SEE CROSS HATCHES ON THEM. IF NOT YOU ARE DOOMED. PROBALY ATE DIRT,IF YOU STILL GOT CROSS HATCH. SEND THE HEAD, KEITH BACK LEX KY, SEND THE TURBO TO0., HE WILL ADVISE. .BEST HEAD GUY IVE EVER KNOWN, HONEST@SQUARED AWAY.
SHAME ON ON US, THAT THIS TRADES IS NOT BEING PASSED ON. WE DONE GOT OLD, NO ONE STEPPING UP TO PLATE. MIGHT BE THE THE WRONG POSTING FOR THIS, BUT ITS COMING FROM A HEAVY EQUIP MECH TECH WITH 30 PLUS YEARS.,HEAD GUY,S TECH GUY.S MECHANIC.S PARTS GUYS..CAN WE TRAIN SOME YOUNG GUYS UP,TO DO THIS, YEA HARD ROW TO HOE, PAID THE BILLS, IM WILLING TO TEACH. IF NOT THE KIDS LIKE US WONT STAND A CHANCE. AND THEIR IS NOTHIIT NG OUT THERE FOR THEM. MENTOR WHEN POSSIBLE. ITS AS AS EASY AS GRAB THAT WRENCH, NO NOT THAT ONE THE OTHER ONE.SORRY GUYS JUST RAMBLING. BUT TO ANYONE WHO CAN AFFECT A CHILDS LIFE WITH SIMPLE TEACHING EXPERINCES, GO FOR FOR IT , SUM IT UP IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU ARE A DO IT YOURSELF PERSON, OUSTANDING QUALITY. NOT LEARENED TAUGHT