863G has no electrical connector for attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nicholas

Gentlemen, Thank you for this forum, my name is Nick, I'm a mold maker and machinist of 36 years. I've been a reader of this forum for a couple of years and now find myself in need of some help. I would like to add a connector for running different attachment features from my standard hand control switches, can someone point me in the right direction... Where to plug in, how to bypass Bobcat only attachments, etc. I have read some threads on this matter but in all instances the machines already have a connector... Mine does not. Thanks for any help.

Bobcatdan

Order a 14 pin kit for the machine. 14 pin is the closet to a universal for attachment electrical connections. Case and NH also use 14 from the factory. Otherwise, 7 pin is bobcat only.
The connecter for the machine is above the the battery. A larger round 7 pin female plug. Should be a cap plugged into it.

OP
OP
N

Nicholas

The connecter for the machine is above the the battery. A larger round 7 pin female plug. Should be a cap plugged into it.
Thank you. Any issues with using a non-Bobcat snowblower with that connection? Or what is the best way to bypass the Bobcat computer issue? I've seen a company called Skid Steer Solutions on here addressing this problem perhaps I should call them?

Bobcatdan

Thank you. Any issues with using a non-Bobcat snowblower with that connection? Or what is the best way to bypass the Bobcat computer issue? I've seen a company called Skid Steer Solutions on here addressing this problem perhaps I should call them?
The easiest thing is too see if any manufacturers you are looking at offer a 14 pin connection. It is not unverisal, but is the closest there is since it is not standardized. Your machine can be set up for 14 pin very easy. As far as skidsteer solutions, they may make a find product, but I got into it with one of the head guys on another forum and he was so full of shit and knew nothing of what he was talking about that I have zero respect for the company.

OP
OP
N

Nicholas

The easiest thing is too see if any manufacturers you are looking at offer a 14 pin connection. It is not unverisal, but is the closest there is since it is not standardized. Your machine can be set up for 14 pin very easy. As far as skidsteer solutions, they may make a find product, but I got into it with one of the head guys on another forum and he was so full of shit and knew nothing of what he was talking about that I have zero respect for the company.
Thanks for the heads up, stopped in at the local Bobcat dealer today... They wanted north of $400.00 for that 14 pin kit...sure proud of there stuff aren't they. You know of any OEM's out there that are quality and within reason?

Bobcatdan

Thanks for the heads up, stopped in at the local Bobcat dealer today... They wanted north of $400.00 for that 14 pin kit...sure proud of there stuff aren't they. You know of any OEM's out there that are quality and within reason?
The 14 pin is so expensive because there is a controller in the kit. My guess is you were quoted the dual 7 and 14 pin set up because I don't think the stand alone 14 is available anymore. For $200.00, you can get the 7 pin only harness which doesn't need the extra brain box. Granted that would limit you to bobcat only attachments. That said, price out a bobcat brand snowblower. They are generally pretty price competitive with snowblowers, but you also get dealer support you may not get with Erskine or Quick Attach.

Latest posts