863 wont start says "input" "reply"

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ed1380

I have a early 2000 863 g series and sometimes the left keypad displays input or reply and it wont start. Any ideas? I'm guessing electrical problem, and was wondering if the keypad from a 763 would interchange because it might be a bit cheaper? Thanks

OldMachinist

Reply it means that one or both instrument panels are not communicating with controller.
Input means the controller is not communicating with the left panel.
I'd check the connectors on both panels for loose or corroded pins making bad connection.

Fishfiles

Reply it means that one or both instrument panels are not communicating with controller.
Input means the controller is not communicating with the left panel.
I'd check the connectors on both panels for loose or corroded pins making bad connection.
Old Machinist gave you good info , it's either a wiring problem , a bad left or right panel , or a controller , one thing I seen a lot was the 2 bolts that hold the middle dash section in rubs a hole in the harness , the bolt on the left side mostly , also seen water/moisture cause that problem , has it been raining alot , hair dryer works for that , I'd check the wiring all the way from the right side to the controller and all plugs in between , it would be great if you had another machine that you could swop panels one at a time , I have seen a controller do that , and would lean more to that as being the problem