863 won't do anything when you turn the key switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jshull

My bobcat 863 won't do anything when key switch is turned. The battery is good and I have cleaned the terminals and connectors with a wire brush. Are there fuses somewhere? Does anyone have any info about this problem?

Tazza

Staff member
There is a 100 or 200A fuse in the back near the battery.
The smaller fuses could be either behind your head in the cab, or between your feet above the chain case. Never worked on an 863, hopefully it's in that area.

deltayankee28

had the same issues with my 863, bobcat tech came out, diagnosed as a bad controller box (which is located down by your left foot behind a black access panel) . he changed it out and it started right up, and ran great. NOW i cant get it to move forward or back, or bucket to raise. BUT, at least it runs now. He (tech) said that if any moisture gets in those controllers it shorts them out and they are toast. now the replacement boxes come sealed from factory.......hope that helps

Hawk57

had the same issues with my 863, bobcat tech came out, diagnosed as a bad controller box (which is located down by your left foot behind a black access panel) . he changed it out and it started right up, and ran great. NOW i cant get it to move forward or back, or bucket to raise. BUT, at least it runs now. He (tech) said that if any moisture gets in those controllers it shorts them out and they are toast. now the replacement boxes come sealed from factory.......hope that helps
I have an 873 with the same problem. We bought the Service Manual but it does not have a true schematic, just wire diagrams. It is about 10 years old, a G model. Would it also have a controller box? There is no panel near your left foot on the inside. Could it be the panel on the outside of the unit where the access to the hydraulic stuff is? I don't see any boxes in there. Is there a source, other than Bobcat for a real schematic? Thanks

deltayankee28

I have an 873 with the same problem. We bought the Service Manual but it does not have a true schematic, just wire diagrams. It is about 10 years old, a G model. Would it also have a controller box? There is no panel near your left foot on the inside. Could it be the panel on the outside of the unit where the access to the hydraulic stuff is? I don't see any boxes in there. Is there a source, other than Bobcat for a real schematic? Thanks
the tech raised the cab, and the panel was right there on the left down by my foot, have to remove bout 6 or 7 bolts to access controller. and the way he talked, the 863 and 873 were very similiar. thats about all i know for now. this is my first machine.

7LBSSMALLIE

the tech raised the cab, and the panel was right there on the left down by my foot, have to remove bout 6 or 7 bolts to access controller. and the way he talked, the 863 and 873 were very similiar. thats about all i know for now. this is my first machine.
assuming this a g model triangle headlights rather than s quare. assumining key on panels wont light up. most likely problem is the panel feed wire from controller to left hand panel which than branches to right has broken down, internally. this wire is red and white. will show contintuity but will not carry load. easy check is put a fused jumper wire from bat to lft hand panel, if it now works. you can buy a 2200 harness or cut at controller run a jumper to panel and be done