863 with boss/mid 1990's

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tomagregg

I need to replace my parking brake disc. I have drained the chain case and have removed the snap ring and 1disc bolt. The other bolt is on the bottom and I need to rotate the gear so that the bolt comes up to the top so I can get it off. I can't get the wheels to rotate so I can move the gear. How can I unlock the the wheels so they will rotate? The machine is up on jack stands.

mrfixitpaul

Easiest way would be to loosen the 2 big hoses going to the drive motor on that side. It will make a little mess though.

OP
OP
T

tomagregg

Easiest way would be to loosen the 2 big hoses going to the drive motor on that side. It will make a little mess though.
Thankyou I'll try it. I took off all the switchs ie. seat, bar, brake, to have them tested so I can't unlock anything using them. I called the local dealer about testing them with a tool I saw in the service manual and they said they don't have that tool. I wonder howw they test switchs when a machine comes into their shop.

TriHonu

Thankyou I'll try it. I took off all the switchs ie. seat, bar, brake, to have them tested so I can't unlock anything using them. I called the local dealer about testing them with a tool I saw in the service manual and they said they don't have that tool. I wonder howw they test switchs when a machine comes into their shop.
Any reason you can't just start the loader and move one of the sticks?
I thought someone here a while back stated that with the parking brake solenoid removed, hold the sticks forward and you can rotate the wheels (with a little effort).

OldMachinist

Any reason you can't just start the loader and move one of the sticks?
I thought someone here a while back stated that with the parking brake solenoid removed, hold the sticks forward and you can rotate the wheels (with a little effort).
Yes awhile back I posted that to move a non running machine that with the brake off you can drag one slowly with the sticks pushed in the direction of travel. I winched my onto a trailer one time this way when the fuel pick up broke off in the tank. I don't know if you can get enough force on the tires with it jacked up to rotate them by hand.