863 fuel screen

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

I can remove the fuel pick up tube out a 863 and replace it then reinstall the new one in 30 minutes from opening the tool box ----- first time you do it , it is hard because you can't really see it , raise the cab and put a foam creeper or such over the steering bars and lay on it , reach behind the sunstrand pump on the right side the machine looking back towards the motor , feel for the 90 degree fitting , then use long pliers with the curved hooks on the end or a needle nose vise grip , grap the 90 and pull up , it's a little bit under the pump on the 863 , it ain't easy but once you get it , the next time will be a snap , try closing your eyes when doing it , good luck and where long sleeves when you do it

perry

I can remove the fuel pick up tube out a 863 and replace it then reinstall the new one in 30 minutes from opening the tool box ----- first time you do it , it is hard because you can't really see it , raise the cab and put a foam creeper or such over the steering bars and lay on it , reach behind the sunstrand pump on the right side the machine looking back towards the motor , feel for the 90 degree fitting , then use long pliers with the curved hooks on the end or a needle nose vise grip , grap the 90 and pull up , it's a little bit under the pump on the 863 , it ain't easy but once you get it , the next time will be a snap , try closing your eyes when doing it , good luck and where long sleeves when you do it
I pulled my engine last week to remove the fuel tank, replaced fuel sender and all hoses, including the back radiator hoses which would be almost impossible to get to with the engine in. Shortened the pick up tube 1/2 inch, this keeps it off the bottom and installed another filter between the tank and the screw on filter. I did notice you need to be carefull when installing the engine and hydrostatic drive and not break off the top of the fuel sender, it sticks up about an inch.

Latest posts