863 c

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rigid6

Hi First post,new to skid steers.Picked up a 1996 863c with higher hours as a project to use around the yard.Other than a few leaks etc it seems to work ok mechanicaly.Looks like the wiring has been changed at some point as I have a huge mess of wiring and relays laying underneath the cab.At the moment looking for pictures to see where this is to be routed and mounted.The two issues I'm working on now is the fuel sending unit seem to be acting up,works about half the time and the rest of the time the low fuel alarm is sounding and electronic guage in low.Where do I find the sending unit,or easiest way to find it ? Second is the code hp-3 is always showing,wiring not connected hyd pressure.The manual I have is for a 863h.If the sending units are mounted on the oil filter area then my wiring diagram is incorrect as those are all yellow and some black.Is there someone who knows which sensor is the pressure sensor ? this may save me some time if someone is willing to help,I may be on here alot threw this project ! This machine has the boss system,was hoping for a machine with less electronics but this was the right price. Thanks in advance.

OldMachinist

The fuel sending unit is in the tank under the engine/pump assembly and I believe the assembly has to come out to service.

I think the hydraulic sender you're looking for is the one shown at the bottom of this page.
Senders.jpg

OP
OP
R

rigid6

The fuel sending unit is in the tank under the engine/pump assembly and I believe the assembly has to come out to service.

I think the hydraulic sender you're looking for is the one shown at the bottom of this page.
thank you,was affraid that it was not easy to get at.may get a mirror in there and see if I can see the wiring to the guage,I found the ohm for that sending unit so will check it.I have a service a manual for a 863-863h.This machine is a series c,is there any differances ?Does anyone have a picture from under the cab,I have a huge mess of wires there coming from the hand controls mostly with about 4-5 replays attached and a bracket not mounted that is laying on the pivot linkage for the steering,As everything seems to work on this machine and some of the wiring not hooked up thinking maybe the wiring harness has been switched from a machine with hand contols.This machine does have high flow and the boss system but foot operated bucket.The high flow light does come on but no idea if the rest of the high flow is functioning. thanks for the help.

mrdeere1959

thank you,was affraid that it was not easy to get at.may get a mirror in there and see if I can see the wiring to the guage,I found the ohm for that sending unit so will check it.I have a service a manual for a 863-863h.This machine is a series c,is there any differances ?Does anyone have a picture from under the cab,I have a huge mess of wires there coming from the hand controls mostly with about 4-5 replays attached and a bracket not mounted that is laying on the pivot linkage for the steering,As everything seems to work on this machine and some of the wiring not hooked up thinking maybe the wiring harness has been switched from a machine with hand contols.This machine does have high flow and the boss system but foot operated bucket.The high flow light does come on but no idea if the rest of the high flow is functioning. thanks for the help.
the harness has extra plugs for options. you dont need them all

OP
OP
R

rigid6

the harness has extra plugs for options. you dont need them all
I have a lot of plugs left unhooked which look to be for options,I also have a lot of wires that do not go to plugs that are taped up and don't seem to find all the replays etc in this harmess in the wiring diagram for my machine.since evevything works I presumed that were possibly a hand control harness. thanks for the replys

OP
OP
R

rigid6

I have a lot of plugs left unhooked which look to be for options,I also have a lot of wires that do not go to plugs that are taped up and don't seem to find all the replays etc in this harmess in the wiring diagram for my machine.since evevything works I presumed that were possibly a hand control harness. thanks for the replys
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a series c 863 with hight flow and boss,I have a manual for 863-863h,tracing wires here this afternoon I find I have some orange wires going into the boss,my diagram does not show any orange wires.Any info would be nice, thanks