853C hyd. radiator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I attempted to loosen the hyd. hoses that connect to the hyd. radiator and they would not budge. I gave up for fear of damaging the radiator.
Anyone have a trick for loosening the hyd. hoses?. I just want to make sure I will be able to work on or replace any parts in the future.

Fishfiles

I thinking the terminology " hydraulic radiator " could in fact be the oil cooler , if I remember right a #12 JIC F fitting 1 1/4 " hex on the hose and a #12 JIC M with a 1 1/8 hex off the cooler , remember using two wrenches as it will bend up the fitting coming out the cooler ,and can remember having a hard time on those hoses in the past ------- have you ever use Aerokroil penetrant it may help , another suggestion would be a little heat , don't cherry red it , just about 10 second blast and spray some 'Kroil on it while it's hot and it will suck in

OP
OP
P

perry

I thinking the terminology " hydraulic radiator " could in fact be the oil cooler , if I remember right a #12 JIC F fitting 1 1/4 " hex on the hose and a #12 JIC M with a 1 1/8 hex off the cooler , remember using two wrenches as it will bend up the fitting coming out the cooler ,and can remember having a hard time on those hoses in the past ------- have you ever use Aerokroil penetrant it may help , another suggestion would be a little heat , don't cherry red it , just about 10 second blast and spray some 'Kroil on it while it's hot and it will suck in
Yeah!, I forgot to mention I did use heat, a small propane torch and still no luck. I'll try the kroil.....Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Yeah!, I forgot to mention I did use heat, a small propane torch and still no luck. I'll try the kroil.....Thanks
In the past i have had to crack fittings by using a pipe on the end of 2 wrenches. As long as you use 2 you won't damage anything. Some of those JIC fittings can be REALLY tight, especially when they jet a little water in the threads and cause rust.