853 with bad hydraulic fluid leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

conc2steel

I have an 853 and recenlty had problems where my lift arm drops, needing constand "up"n to keep it from hitting the ground. Since this started, I'm going through about 1/2 gal of hydraulic fluid every hour and I CAN'T find my leak. Fluid ends up draining through the bottom of my machine. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
The only way to find it is to give the machine a GOOD clean down and look for the leak. Thats a fairly big leak, it sholdn't be too ahrd to find the area its coming from then keep washing and checking that area. As the arms drop, it does sound like you have a leaking line or hose in your lift circuit.....
Lift the cab and give it a real good wash, work from there.

OP
OP
C

conc2steel

The only way to find it is to give the machine a GOOD clean down and look for the leak. Thats a fairly big leak, it sholdn't be too ahrd to find the area its coming from then keep washing and checking that area. As the arms drop, it does sound like you have a leaking line or hose in your lift circuit.....
Lift the cab and give it a real good wash, work from there.
Found the leak. Took a tip from my son, cleaned the engine, opened the side access panels and sprinkled baby powder everyhere... as soon as the leak started I knew exactly where it was. Neat trick!

Tazza

Staff member
Found the leak. Took a tip from my son, cleaned the engine, opened the side access panels and sprinkled baby powder everyhere... as soon as the leak started I knew exactly where it was. Neat trick!
Glad you found the leak, they can be horrible to find at times.