853 hydrolic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

have an early 853 have been through the main valve the bucket leveling valve and aux valve its non bcis valve fixed aux spool in main valve rebuilt tilt cylinder and cked lifts have a bad drift in the lifts but has power there but the bucket has no power replaced the port relief and the bucket worked for 5 minutes but quit working any suggestions

Kermode

Holy *****, Batman, buy a comma. If I understand your question, and I don't know that I do, you may have some crap floating around in the system jamming the relief valve. I've cleaned a few o-ring bits out of my old 853.

OP
OP
D
Holy *****, Batman, buy a comma. If I understand your question, and I don't know that I do, you may have some crap floating around in the system jamming the relief valve. I've cleaned a few o-ring bits out of my old 853.
if the relief valve was jammed , wouldnt that affect the lift and the aux both are working just the tilt is the problem, capped the leveling valve again took it out of the loop ,looped the aux to no avail, the spools look ok but the tilt dosent make the pump or engine whine like its bypassing could have i ruined the new port relief already and why hope you like the commas cost a fortune

OP
OP
D
if the relief valve was jammed , wouldnt that affect the lift and the aux both are working just the tilt is the problem, capped the leveling valve again took it out of the loop ,looped the aux to no avail, the spools look ok but the tilt dosent make the pump or engine whine like its bypassing could have i ruined the new port relief already and why hope you like the commas cost a fortune
one other thing when you use the grapples the bucket goes to dump every time

Tazza

Staff member
one other thing when you use the grapples the bucket goes to dump every time
Hopefully its not, but i remember others have had issues with their valve block being cracked between segments. Its possible you may have the same problem. Its allowing fluid into the wrong sections causing this issue.

OP
OP
D
Hopefully its not, but i remember others have had issues with their valve block being cracked between segments. Its possible you may have the same problem. Its allowing fluid into the wrong sections causing this issue.
in the spool sections ????

OP
OP
D
in the spool sections ????
there are hair line cracks in the lift spool section where the spool rides but on the base end wouldn't that just drift because i have pressure in the aux valve block which is in a seprate valve for grapple when i put in the new port relief the bucket worked for a short time ,minutes ,the aux spool in the main valve is for rear hydraulics and not used it does seem like the bucket has down pressure but gravity helps with that , i need to get my pressure gauge fixed broke the fitting

Tazza

Staff member
there are hair line cracks in the lift spool section where the spool rides but on the base end wouldn't that just drift because i have pressure in the aux valve block which is in a seprate valve for grapple when i put in the new port relief the bucket worked for a short time ,minutes ,the aux spool in the main valve is for rear hydraulics and not used it does seem like the bucket has down pressure but gravity helps with that , i need to get my pressure gauge fixed broke the fitting
I guess it depends on the pressure in the different sections....
A new pressure gauge may help things too :)

OP
OP
D
I guess it depends on the pressure in the different sections....
A new pressure gauge may help things too :)
looks like the center spool aka the tikt is cracked on both sides allowind the pressure loss on that spool tks tazza nice call so many problems was hard to diagnose

Tazza

Staff member
looks like the center spool aka the tikt is cracked on both sides allowind the pressure loss on that spool tks tazza nice call so many problems was hard to diagnose
I wonder if there is a way to confirm that it is indeed cracked. I know they can and do crack, but best be sure before hunting for a good used valve block.

OP
OP
D
I wonder if there is a way to confirm that it is indeed cracked. I know they can and do crack, but best be sure before hunting for a good used valve block.
did every test i could think of so i found a close valve , a 753 control valve reversed the ports and spools and bolted it in and money everything works great just thought would let you all know thanks for the help

Tazza

Staff member
did every test i could think of so i found a close valve , a 753 control valve reversed the ports and spools and bolted it in and money everything works great just thought would let you all know thanks for the help
Good to know you got it fixed!