853 fuel pickup

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigworm1973

Ok guys, I found the pickup tube right under the pump. I pulled a line which was inside the tank and blew into the hose. When I did this, fuel came out from another fuel line which was larger that the other. It had a hose clamp at the end of it like it came off from something. I seem to have several fuel lines off from something. I decided to pull the engine/pump just to clarify whats going on. Can anyone get me started on pulling the engine/pump out of my machine? I hear its not that difficult, I just need some pointers on getting it out. I'm also going to relocated my pickup near the battery. Thanks!

skidsteer.ca

I had a 853 but never pulled the engine. Basically the pumps and motor come outas a assembly is the easiest way. There a rubber isolating mounts on the engine and on the pump mounts. Undo all the hoses, remove the air cleaner and coolandt bottle to improve acess.
Not much different then any engine R and R.But it is easier to pull as a unit the pump and motor.
Ken

perry

I had a 853 but never pulled the engine. Basically the pumps and motor come outas a assembly is the easiest way. There a rubber isolating mounts on the engine and on the pump mounts. Undo all the hoses, remove the air cleaner and coolandt bottle to improve acess.
Not much different then any engine R and R.But it is easier to pull as a unit the pump and motor.
Ken
On the large drive hoses, go ahead and order 4 new o-rings, I put sandwitch baggies over the drive hoses to keep out dirt. Steering arms or cables next, then unplug wiring on your right. Drain and remove the hyd. reservoir first. It's kind of a look-see-do. Just follow all cables, hyd. connections and wiring connections.