843B Hydrostatic oil change

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

harlyworkr

First of all, I want to say hello to everyone, I am Mike, I purchased a 843B Bobcat and I have been resurecting it for the past two months. I have a good running machine and all that is left is adding new Liquid Gold to the unit. I have changed the tilt and lift system, that was easy. Removing the cream colored pudding and adding new "official" bobcat oil (ouch). Now I want to do the drive system but don't know how to go about it. I searched the Forums and can't find it. Can someone tell me how to do the oil change, maybe with some pictures also? Any help is greatly appreciated. Mike

Bobcatdan

The lift/ tilt use the same fluid as the hydrostatic drive. Are you asking how to change the chain case fluid? Pull the front plug out and suck it out. The chaincase uses the same kind of fluid as the hydraulic system, but the two are seprate of each other.

OP
OP
H

harlyworkr

The lift/ tilt use the same fluid as the hydrostatic drive. Are you asking how to change the chain case fluid? Pull the front plug out and suck it out. The chaincase uses the same kind of fluid as the hydraulic system, but the two are seprate of each other.
I am indeed talking about the chain case fluid, where is the plug at? I think it has water in it like the other did. and, it is a good idea to refresh it now that i own it. Can you send a picture of it please?

Bobcatdan

I am indeed talking about the chain case fluid, where is the plug at? I think it has water in it like the other did. and, it is a good idea to refresh it now that i own it. Can you send a picture of it please?
I don't have a picture handy. if you look directly at the front frame, there will be a give or take a 1" plug up about 6" from the bottom dead center. The chaincase cover could be loose letting water get into the chaincase.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't have a picture handy. if you look directly at the front frame, there will be a give or take a 1" plug up about 6" from the bottom dead center. The chaincase cover could be loose letting water get into the chaincase.
Something to keep in mind, you can run standard engine oil in the chain case. Much cheaper than the stuff from the dealer.
The plug dan is talking about is to get the oil level right. On level ground, you are means to fill the chain case till the oil is just appearing on the threads. They didn't put drain plugs into the chain cases till the next revision.....
Most of the time you need to remove an inspection cover and suck the oil out. You then mop all the black crud out and re-fill and seal the cover.

Latest posts