843 with Cracked Mounting Plate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nubee

I'm looking at purchasing my first Bobcat and the unit I'm looking at has a cracked mounting plate. Can I weld this? What are my options? Anyone? Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
I assume you are tlking about the bobtach, where the bucket fits.
You can weld them up, i did about 4 lineal metres of welding on my bobtach on a 743, it was in shocking condition when i got it. I cut the cracks out with a plasma cutter first, then got into them with quality rods. It took some time, but can be done.
Its been about 8 years, still going string, no cracks

Tazza

Staff member
You can weld them up, i did about 4 lineal metres of welding on my bobtach on a 743, it was in shocking condition when i got it. I cut the cracks out with a plasma cutter first, then got into them with quality rods. It took some time, but can be done.
Oh, if you think you can handle the job, you can use it as a bargaining chip to get it cheaper. Not sure what a new one would run you, but it wouldn't be cheap.

OP
OP
N

Nubee

Thanks

skidsteer.ca

Yes I have done a few also. Welded in new bosses and chased cracks. No rocket science to it. Just a well planned attack, time and a materials and you should be good to go. wrst problem with these is if the wedges are frozen and can't be moved.
Ken

Venom

Yes I have done a few also. Welded in new bosses and chased cracks. No rocket science to it. Just a well planned attack, time and a materials and you should be good to go. wrst problem with these is if the wedges are frozen and can't be moved.
Ken
Had mine welded a few months back. The cracks were less than 1/8" wide, maybe 2 lineal feet total. It took the guy approximately two hours of welding/grinding to complete and cost me ~$225. He had a truck set up for welding "in the field", so I didn't have to bring it in. Worth every penny.

Latest posts