843 no power to wheels after swapping drive motors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

la350

I bought a used mid 80's 843 a few years ago and within about 10 hrs of use, the left side went dead. No movement on the left side whatsoever. I pulled the left side motor, took the hoses off the right side motor, winched in on a trailer and brought it home where it's now sat for 18months. I talked to the Bobcat guys here in town and they said to pull the right hand motor and swap motors, left to right to see if that made any difference in the left side functioning. I did that, added about 4 gals of fluid since it had drained down to less than 2" of depth in the hyd tank and started it up. I get full movement in the bucket but no movement on the wheels on either side (I currently have it up on jack stands). Do I need to bleed the hyd system feeding the drive motors? Any suggestions? The rig is for sale also! Lance Chico CA

OldMachinist

As long as the tranmission light goes out within 30 seconds of starting the engine then the pumps have charge pressure. Then it should be a matter of working the steering levers until the wheels start turning.

Fishfiles

As long as the tranmission light goes out within 30 seconds of starting the engine then the pumps have charge pressure. Then it should be a matter of working the steering levers until the wheels start turning.
No you should have to bleed any air from the travel motor sections , it is a closed loop system , what you should do at this point is to open the case drain rock filters and see whats in them , as that would show you indications that the pump has failed , next step would be to hook up a pressure gauge on the hoses from the left travel and the right travel one at a time and check what kind of pressure you getting