843 final drive chain

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dgreen4298

Has anyone changed drive chains on an 843? I am replacing the chains and replacing the chain guides with new design and need to know if a ten foot box of chain will do front and back chain on one side. I have removed the chains and measured them together end to end and I get 10'4". I don't really think that they have stretched 2" each but I am not really sure that they are the original chains either. One has 43 links and the other is 55 links not counting the master. Dealer just has a part number for the chain not a number of links. Dealer wants over $850 for the chains and $85 for the new guides. If I can use two ten foot boxes of diamond 100hs I may be able to save a few hundos. If you have bought chain where did you get it, I can't really find I good source for it that is not made in China. I would like to use the diamond 100hs because that is what it had in it but I would use other known quality brands. I have searched online for weeks and have not found a good source. It uses size 100hs chain.

Tazza

Staff member
Go by links not length.
Call a few bearing/wire rope shops and see what they can offer you. I think you will save a fair bit with buying a few boxes of chain and master links over the ones from the dealer.

7LBSSMALLIE

Go by links not length.
Call a few bearing/wire rope shops and see what they can offer you. I think you will save a fair bit with buying a few boxes of chain and master links over the ones from the dealer.
58 pitches is 58 pitches see how many pitches you got

OP
OP
D

Dgreen4298

58 pitches is 58 pitches see how many pitches you got
One has 43 links and the other is 55 links not counting the master. 58 is way bigger than i have. can anyone get the right part number. i called two different dealers and they both gave different numbers. one even said they are both the same size.

antfarmer2

One has 43 links and the other is 55 links not counting the master. 58 is way bigger than i have. can anyone get the right part number. i called two different dealers and they both gave different numbers. one even said they are both the same size.
What size did they tell you my 743 took 80 hd one box did front and back on one side with a few links left over

OP
OP
D

Dgreen4298

What size did they tell you my 743 took 80 hd one box did front and back on one side with a few links left over
Manual says 100hs. The dealer does not know how many links, all they have is a part number. Does anyone ever replace chains or do they just let them go till they break?. Bobcat web site shows two part numbers, one for the front and one for the back. It would be nice if I could use one 10 foot box of chain for each side but when I measure the chains that I have together it is 10'4"". I don't think that they would wear out to 2" longer each.found 1 place that I can order it from and they want $950 with only 1 master. I have a feeling that no one ever replaces their chain drive until they break.

antfarmer2

Manual says 100hs. The dealer does not know how many links, all they have is a part number. Does anyone ever replace chains or do they just let them go till they break?. Bobcat web site shows two part numbers, one for the front and one for the back. It would be nice if I could use one 10 foot box of chain for each side but when I measure the chains that I have together it is 10'4"". I don't think that they would wear out to 2" longer each.found 1 place that I can order it from and they want $950 with only 1 master. I have a feeling that no one ever replaces their chain drive until they break.
I just replaced mine if you wait for them to break you asking for alot of trouble from loading to more damage and injury ......you can buy extra links if you need them do not mesure count links mine looked brand new but were streached ....and if your only 4" off the masters will take care of that sounds like two boxes and four masters your good to go

antfarmer2

I just replaced mine if you wait for them to break you asking for alot of trouble from loading to more damage and injury ......you can buy extra links if you need them do not mesure count links mine looked brand new but were streached ....and if your only 4" off the masters will take care of that sounds like two boxes and four masters your good to go
I can't rember how much I paid but under a hundred a box for 80 hd......look around and try loaderpartsource

OP
OP
D

Dgreen4298

Just looked at LPS 100 chain for a 863 is $107 a box give them a call they will fix you up
I still have found no chain supplier for my 843 other than the dealer. The chain that LPS Sells has a lower avg tensile strength than oem and thinner plate thickness than oem. It also does not say where it is made or who makes it, it is most likely HKK brand chain as seen in one of the pictures.

antfarmer2

I still have found no chain supplier for my 843 other than the dealer. The chain that LPS Sells has a lower avg tensile strength than oem and thinner plate thickness than oem. It also does not say where it is made or who makes it, it is most likely HKK brand chain as seen in one of the pictures.
Go to diamond chain I got mine from a local shop

7LBSSMALLIE

Go to diamond chain I got mine from a local shop
yes if have replaced more 843 chains than id like . going from memory frts are shorter. bobcat no longer offers diamond replaced by tsbuki. note have never replaced a tsbuki twice, hourglass link gone forever. bout 200 achain links need crimped prior to install take tylonel chain and sprocket.

Tazza

Staff member
yes if have replaced more 843 chains than id like . going from memory frts are shorter. bobcat no longer offers diamond replaced by tsbuki. note have never replaced a tsbuki twice, hourglass link gone forever. bout 200 achain links need crimped prior to install take tylonel chain and sprocket.
Surely a wire rope supplier can get quality chain for you.