843 bobcat / Isuzu engine parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HappyNewBob

So I just got myself a 843 with an Isuzu engine. The machine has been used pretty hard and needs a lot of TLC. I got it running no problem sounds good no bad noises moves and hydraulics seem to work, So my question is were do i find a water out let neck that I do not have to pay an arm and leg for. Bobcat can can get me one for around $110 but good god. I am not even sure if that is the complete housing or just the neck. Can any one tell me if one from a specific car or truck fits? It appears the engine is the same as a truck. I am trying to find an Isuzu dealer near by but got side tracked. Any thoughts or suggestion would be great. Thanks in advanced Bobby

Tazza

Staff member
Hopefully an Isuzu dealer would be able to help you out.
Just how bad is the old one? can you get it welded up?

OP
OP
H

HappyNewBob

Hopefully an Isuzu dealer would be able to help you out.
Just how bad is the old one? can you get it welded up?
There was nothing there to compare or repair. From what I have read that is the same engine that is in a pickup truck. So off to Rock auto to see what is available (they have great pictures) Pretty sure I found what I need so I ordered it up. When I get it I will posy the results. Bobby

budtoh3zo

There was nothing there to compare or repair. From what I have read that is the same engine that is in a pickup truck. So off to Rock auto to see what is available (they have great pictures) Pretty sure I found what I need so I ordered it up. When I get it I will posy the results. Bobby
If you find an old Gen set with an Isuzu they are the same motor so you should be able to swap some parts. Also straight down From a Isuzu dealer is better. Last year I bought one with a bad motor and replaced it. I have not heard on this motor in a pickup. But in Canada we don't get a good selection of then eather.

OP
OP
H

HappyNewBob

If you find an old Gen set with an Isuzu they are the same motor so you should be able to swap some parts. Also straight down From a Isuzu dealer is better. Last year I bought one with a bad motor and replaced it. I have not heard on this motor in a pickup. But in Canada we don't get a good selection of then eather.
So I got my parts for the pick up motor the other day and they they appear that the will work. The hose will need too be cut because the original hose was there and the old neck went up then a 90 degree bend in the hose. The new neck turns 90 degrees when it is bolted on, So I will just trim the hose. Much easier then making parts just not as fun. Now I need to find and Izuzu dealer. (just getting my act back to getter from and injury) The brain surgeon that owned this thing before me broke the lever off the injection pump and welded it back on. Judging by the by the mount of fuel that leaks from the shaft seal, They did it with it on the pump still. Bobby

antfarmer2

So I got my parts for the pick up motor the other day and they they appear that the will work. The hose will need too be cut because the original hose was there and the old neck went up then a 90 degree bend in the hose. The new neck turns 90 degrees when it is bolted on, So I will just trim the hose. Much easier then making parts just not as fun. Now I need to find and Izuzu dealer. (just getting my act back to getter from and injury) The brain surgeon that owned this thing before me broke the lever off the injection pump and welded it back on. Judging by the by the mount of fuel that leaks from the shaft seal, They did it with it on the pump still. Bobby
Good job but fix the leak or buy some mashmellows

pajibson

try Logan diesel in MI for your Isuzu parts. They've been able to get some stuff for a bobcat with a 4jb1 and a chevy w4 box truck(rebadged isuzu NPR) with a 4bd2.