7775 Starting Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

B-Edwards

I hate to double post,,, but such it is with certain JD skid steers. When I try to start the machine alot of times it just clicks like the starter solenoid and that may be it but I am not sure what the best way to test for that would be. Also when I am using the machine and switch from bucket to forks with engine running I unhook seat-belt,, pull the levers and hook the seat-belt back up,, the hydraulics wont work, not all the time but most. I have to turn the machine off and then sometimes it takes forever to crank,,, click click click click,,,,,,,, start, and then sometimes the hyraulics still stay locked. I love the machine but it is a pita when it does this. Has a new battery and needs a new seat,,has dual switches under the seat. The seat pan looks ok with some rust. It isnt a suspension seat. I will post a picture of the seat later today and maybe someone can tell me if it can be recovered. I would appreciate any help or advice you fellows mind giving. Thank you.

jerry

The starting issue sounds like the starter interlock relay in the engine room fuse box. I think there is a picture of it in the operators manual. The hydraulic lockout sounds more like the seat belt switch is not making contact all the time, I think some have had luck spraying contact cleaner in them.
The fuse boix has 3 relays in it the preheat and starter are side by side and the starter interlock is above them and to the left. Lots of posts here and in the new holland forum on this issue.

Daveb68

I hate to double post,,, but such it is with certain JD skid steers. When I try to start the machine alot of times it just clicks like the starter solenoid and that may be it but I am not sure what the best way to test for that would be. Also when I am using the machine and switch from bucket to forks with engine running I unhook seat-belt,, pull the levers and hook the seat-belt back up,, the hydraulics wont work, not all the time but most. I have to turn the machine off and then sometimes it takes forever to crank,,, click click click click,,,,,,,, start, and then sometimes the hyraulics still stay locked. I love the machine but it is a pita when it does this. Has a new battery and needs a new seat,,has dual switches under the seat. The seat pan looks ok with some rust. It isnt a suspension seat. I will post a picture of the seat later today and maybe someone can tell me if it can be recovered. I would appreciate any help or advice you fellows mind giving. Thank you.
I just bought a brand new seat for my 7775. The seat has two safety functions. The two buttons on the bottom of the seat is a kill switch for the starting and if there both not working properly it won't start or even click. Nothing at all but if you put it in service mode it will start and if that works you know it's the seat switches because mine got so worn out the pressure from my 185 pound body wouldn't activate the switches so i just bought a new seat with two new switches, around $185.00 from K&M. You can also over ride the switches a couple of different ways but if fix it right. The other safty is when the seat belt isn't properly connected the Hydrolic's won't work. Try taking a drill with a grinding wheel and get off any rust or whatever may be on it first and also check all of the wires. The two under the seat go to the swi and the seat belt has a couple too. One is behind the seat behind the muffler on the firewall behind the operator and there's another one coming out we're the seat belt is. You can also buy a new seat belt assembly too from K&M.
I have a picture of the seat wiring diagram somewhere if you need it let me know. I bought a device manual on a PDF for around $35.00. 200+ pages good deal and well worth it.