7753 vs other Bobcats

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

johndeere

I am looking to buy a used Bobcat. I have looked at 3- 7753's and 4 of the others. My questions is this, I noticed on the 7753 series there is a knuckle connected to the machine and then to the lift arms. Can somebody tell me what the advantage, disadvantage there is to this set up. Thanks

Bobcatdan

7753 are the forerunner to the 773. They are vertical lift machines. Machines like 743, 753, 763, 863 are radial lift. Verticals lift the bucket in a straight up and down movement. This gives better lift height and reach up night. Radial lifts, the bucket moves in an arch. They tend to have much better reach at mid height.

mmsllc

7753 are the forerunner to the 773. They are vertical lift machines. Machines like 743, 753, 763, 863 are radial lift. Verticals lift the bucket in a straight up and down movement. This gives better lift height and reach up night. Radial lifts, the bucket moves in an arch. They tend to have much better reach at mid height.
That's good info to have. I noticed the radial lifts not being able to reach as far forward at max height, but did not notice the way the 773 did lift straight up. That was a major selling feature to the guy that bought mine; he was wanting to load dump trucks with it.