7753 Oil leak from belly pan

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Shawnp

Hey guys, I recently bought a used 7753 and I noticed that there is a small oil leak (less than a quarter cup) dripping from the "inspection cover" beneath the bobcat. When I took the three nuts off, more oil came out (probably a half cup). It seems that the leak persists even if the machine hasn't been running? Any thoughts or suggestions? in the service manual I've read that the crankcase plug should be changed after ever oil change (I'm sure it wasn't). Could this be the culprit? Shawnp

SkidRoe

Oil could be leaking from any number of places. Was the oil fairly clear, or was it black? If the crankcase plug is leaking, you should be seeing the oil level drop on the dipstick. As far as the crankcase plug being changed with every oil change, that sounds like a manufacturer's CYA tactic. I doubt that is a wide spread practice. I have never done it unless there was something obviously wrong with the drain plug. Cheers - SR

mmsllc

Oil could be leaking from any number of places. Was the oil fairly clear, or was it black? If the crankcase plug is leaking, you should be seeing the oil level drop on the dipstick. As far as the crankcase plug being changed with every oil change, that sounds like a manufacturer's CYA tactic. I doubt that is a wide spread practice. I have never done it unless there was something obviously wrong with the drain plug. Cheers - SR
Did you find out anything further as to what was leaking from your BOBCAT? Any further updates or surprises??