773G fuel gauge not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jrmicko19

Before I try and get the sending unit out, I want to make sure the gauge works first. Any way to test it? I unplugged the wire going to the sending unit and tested it, one wire is reading 13-14v, the other wire is grounded. Gauge is just sitting on empty, never see it move, not even when starting the machine or turning key on. Cluster lights up and all buttons work. Temp gauge works also, hour meter works too. So any way just to test the gauge and see if I can get the needle to move or read full before I know it's the sending unit? Thanks

foton

pull the wire off the sending unit ,place a ohm meter on the wires post and the other lead to the sending unit base , with the meter in the ohms setting you should have a reading ( I am guessing here) of less than 200 ohms this can change manf. to manf. But it should read something not infinite ohms.

foton

pull the wire off the sending unit ,place a ohm meter on the wires post and the other lead to the sending unit base , with the meter in the ohms setting you should have a reading ( I am guessing here) of less than 200 ohms this can change manf. to manf. But it should read something not infinite ohms.
forgot to mention if you have the key on ,take the wire off the sending unit and touch the sending unit base while watching the fuel gauge it should quickly peg the needle do not hold it on there just quickly touch it.

OP
OP
J

Jrmicko19

forgot to mention if you have the key on ,take the wire off the sending unit and touch the sending unit base while watching the fuel gauge it should quickly peg the needle do not hold it on there just quickly touch it.
Im not sure I exactly follow what you are saying.
I did how ever take the panel down, open it up and manually move the fuel gauge needle. It is not stuck. After doing this the needle now makes a full sweep to full and then back to empty when turning the key on. Still not reading fuel level though. Tank is topped off.

I just want to make sure the panel gauge works first before replacing the sending unit

foton

Im not sure I exactly follow what you are saying.
I did how ever take the panel down, open it up and manually move the fuel gauge needle. It is not stuck. After doing this the needle now makes a full sweep to full and then back to empty when turning the key on. Still not reading fuel level though. Tank is topped off.

I just want to make sure the panel gauge works first before replacing the sending unit
you will need to test things from the tank it is easier because you can test both things from one place.