773F charge pressure sensor, bics valve light, intermittent lift/tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrWhipper

I have a 773F. It is throwing a code HF 1-6 on BOSS. (Manual says this code means the hydro-static charge filter sensor has no signal). The BICS is flashing 3 times on the valve light. The lift and tilt do not work. Would the charge filter sensor cause the lift/tilt not to work? If not, what are the symptoms of the charge filter sensor not getting signal?

As to the hydraulics, I considered that it might be a separate issue. My understanding is that the valve light flashing on the BICS 3 times, means that the green wire is shorted. Typically this a result of a bad solenoid, but I have replaced the valve stem and the magnetic coil solenoid on the main hydraulic box. I also tested all wires to make sure I had continuity and all passed. I then thought it was the BICS unit, but I hot wired around that to no avail.

It seems that if start it and hit the pedals right away, the lift/tilt works more often. If I wait, it does not work at all. When it does work the hydraulics stay working until I turn it off. Any thoughts on what to do to solve intermittent tilt/lift not working?

brdgbldr

I'm guessing here, but the first thing that pops into my head is that something may be wrong with the charge relief.

Schifference

I own a 773G that had an intermittent Seat Bar issue that would lock out all hydraulics. At first it was only once in a while then pretty much all the time rendering machine useless. I parked it for two years and used an old machine. I didn't want to pay big money to try to fix something that was intermittent.
I suspected the control board but at the time several years ago I was under the impression that if I replaced the control board, Bobcat would have to program the replacement board.
Late last year I found a youtube of a guy that was having the same issue. There is a company that tests and repairs Bobcat boards the same day they receive them.
Bottom line in 5 minutes I removed the board, shipped it to them, couple days later it took 5 minutes to install my board and machine has worked flawlessly ever since.
They are worth calling to find out if you have a board issue. They can also tell you over the phone how to diagnose. If you choose to send to them they test and ship back board if not an issue for insignificant fee.
The name of the company I sent my board to is Isocell. Google them for their information.