773 Fuel Tank removal?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nields

Just found this site..Very cool. I have a service manual on the way but wanted some insite first. I have a hole in the fuel tank of my Bobcat 773 (Diesel) and need to replace it however I see it is under the motor and everything else. Visually it looks like a huge pain to replace. So has anyone done it? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
If its the same as most other east/west engine setups the engine and pump need to be pulled. Its not as big of a task as it seems, a few hoses and wires need to be disconnected then you can remove it as one unit. It will still take a few hours to do I'm afraid and if you haven't done it before I'd work on the best part of a day WITH a helper.
Hopefully someone else can give you more info, i have never worked on a 773, but i am in the process of putting a 751 back together, it has the fuel tank under the engine,. My dad and I put the engine and pump in Saturday, its a 2 person job if you don't have an installation jig.

OP
OP
N

nields

If its the same as most other east/west engine setups the engine and pump need to be pulled. Its not as big of a task as it seems, a few hoses and wires need to be disconnected then you can remove it as one unit. It will still take a few hours to do I'm afraid and if you haven't done it before I'd work on the best part of a day WITH a helper.
Hopefully someone else can give you more info, i have never worked on a 773, but i am in the process of putting a 751 back together, it has the fuel tank under the engine,. My dad and I put the engine and pump in Saturday, its a 2 person job if you don't have an installation jig.
Thanks, I will post to answer when I get it fixed.

OP
OP
N

nields

on the 773 the engine has to come out to replace the tank. A good time to replace the belts hoses and other stuff. cost $2000 at the dealer