773 fuel shut off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2frankh

Code 13-07. Any way to bypass to get machine on trailer. Motor will not turn over. Swapped relay with no effect. Also, any idea on cost for shut off solenoid? Thanks for the help.

Tazza

Staff member
If its the style that has the solenoid on the side that pulls an arm back, you can tie it back and use a screwdriver ir jumper cable to join between the +ve connection and the small pin with a wire on the starter. It should spin and start.
If the solenoid is in the end of a housing, you should be able to remove it and the engine should start the same as above. I have never done it this way, you may need to push or pull the injector rack to get it to start then stop later.
It will at least get you started. Hopefully your park brake will not stick on.

OP
OP

2frankh

If its the style that has the solenoid on the side that pulls an arm back, you can tie it back and use a screwdriver ir jumper cable to join between the +ve connection and the small pin with a wire on the starter. It should spin and start.
If the solenoid is in the end of a housing, you should be able to remove it and the engine should start the same as above. I have never done it this way, you may need to push or pull the injector rack to get it to start then stop later.
Thanks for the info Tazza. Turns out the large electrical connector above the battery was loose. Took a little searching to figure it out. I bought a new shut off solenoid ( $110 ) and the guy at bobcat said if i didn't open the box i could return it. I tried what you suggested and it would not turn over, saved me some money. Thanks again

biggie

Are you talking the"mega fuse? Really? Wow!

OP
OP

2frankh

Are you talking the"mega fuse? Really? Wow!
Do not think it is a fuse. It is about a 20 pin screw connector. It was loose and once i tightened it my problem was gone. I thought it was strange i only got the one error though.