773 BICS question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bkg

Hey all, Been reading the previous BICS threads, but they haven't addressed my challenge, so I'm starting thread 12,244,244 on BICS. 1995 773. Started solenoid went out and that began a repair-turned-OCD driven "20-foot" restoration. new tires/wheels, few new pins, new belts, all fluids replaced (except fan case as I haven't figured out how to drain it yet). Ended up pulling the seat out, cleaning rails, re-upholstering the back panel (told you... OCD), and painting. Realized I messed up the seat sensor and worked on that tonight - i.e. I found the magnets I dropped, reinstalled. Seat senson not working correctly (Ihave to lift the seat up, vs sitting on it) yet, but I can get the light to stay oin. What I can't get are the lockout or valve lights. I've checked all of the connections (and will be checking again this weekend - traveling for work) under the seat, checked fuzes, checked all wiring I previously checked. Seat bar and seat lights taken care of. But I can't figure out why the valve light and interlock lights won't work. I don't need/want to bypass the seat switch unless necessary. Currently, there is NO FLUID in the cases. I ruined the gasket and waiting for a new one. Goal tonight was to start it up, raise and lock the boom, and finish the paint fresh up... but of course, no go. Cliffs: New starter, battery, battery wiring, all belts, engine oil, hydraulic oil, chain case empty. Seat light can be made to work, interlock and valve lights no go. And I'm stumped.

Tazza

Staff member
The seat sensor can cause all sorts of issues, I just by-passed mine as you still have a seat bar sensor.
Take the sender off and get the magnet and rotate it till the light comes on. Keep rotating till it goes off, rotate it back half way between these two points and glue or at least cable tie it into place.

OP
OP
B

bkg

The seat sensor can cause all sorts of issues, I just by-passed mine as you still have a seat bar sensor.
Take the sender off and get the magnet and rotate it till the light comes on. Keep rotating till it goes off, rotate it back half way between these two points and glue or at least cable tie it into place.
Tazza - Thank you. Appreciate the input. I'll give this a try and see if it gets me anywhere! I noticed it's a bit of an odd design - and the service manual "instructions" are backwards as compared to my sensor.

OP
OP
B

bkg

Tazza - Thank you. Appreciate the input. I'll give this a try and see if it gets me anywhere! I noticed it's a bit of an odd design - and the service manual "instructions" are backwards as compared to my sensor.
Tazza - thanks again for the tip. Found the right spot, zipped tied in place and then tied the switch to the wiring harness (rather than leaving in stock location) and all is good!! Thanks again!

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza - thanks again for the tip. Found the right spot, zipped tied in place and then tied the switch to the wiring harness (rather than leaving in stock location) and all is good!! Thanks again!
Glad you got it sorted out. Newer machines only have seat bar sensors, so i see no issue with safety.

Latest posts