763F fuel gauge

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Haer Masonry

Hi, i'm new to this forum I have a 97 763F series. Great bobcat and use it for my masonry business. I've got a few problems with it. I took it to my local dealer and they put in a new fuel sender into it and now every time since i had this done my fuel gauge inside the cat will read wrong and when i have a half tank of fuel it'll read its empty and the fuel warning alert will start beeping.. whats causing this and how can i fix this? Thanks so much Mark Haer Haer Masonry 937 684 6621

Tazza

Staff member
I have always found the senders never give a true reading, its only an "indicator" but you would expect it to be a little more acurate than what its doing. It could be a bad connection between the harness and the BOSS box too. If it was a standard BICS machine with round gauges, i would recommend a new gauge, but thats not exactly an option in your case.
When its full, does it read a full tank?

OP
OP
H

Haer Masonry

I have always found the senders never give a true reading, its only an "indicator" but you would expect it to be a little more acurate than what its doing. It could be a bad connection between the harness and the BOSS box too. If it was a standard BICS machine with round gauges, i would recommend a new gauge, but thats not exactly an option in your case.
When its full, does it read a full tank?
yes it does.. btw its a kubota motor

Tazza

Staff member
yes it does.. btw its a kubota motor
I guess it could be a bad sender..... Its not the easiest thing to access as the engine is in the way. You need to be careful not to flex the sender or it will snap. Did you talk to your dealer after they changed it over and didn't work properly?