763, push to operate doesn't work, seat bar light works fine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

trentk

I have seen all the issues people have with the seat bar sensor but I think my sensor is working because when I lower the seat bar I hear a faint click and the light comes on. But lately when I hit the push to operate button I dont get the loud click that indicates the brakes have been released. It is very annoying, there is no reliable way to get it to work, I normally just keep trying until eventually it works. Aside from replacing the BICS system what else can I do? Thanks, Trent

reaperman

Try changing or swapping the relay marked "traction" in the fuse box. That relay controls that function. A worn relay will sometimes work, unlike a blown fuse. I would swap the traction relay with the "front lights" relay and check your headlights to see if they work. If not the relay is probably the issue. And put the lights relay in the traction socket and test. If the relay doesn't appear to be the issue its going to be a wiring issue or a worn out solenoid. The solenoid is located under the seat once you lift up the cab in the center of the machine.

OP
OP
T

trentk

Try changing or swapping the relay marked "traction" in the fuse box. That relay controls that function. A worn relay will sometimes work, unlike a blown fuse. I would swap the traction relay with the "front lights" relay and check your headlights to see if they work. If not the relay is probably the issue. And put the lights relay in the traction socket and test. If the relay doesn't appear to be the issue its going to be a wiring issue or a worn out solenoid. The solenoid is located under the seat once you lift up the cab in the center of the machine.
Thank you for the info, I assume the relay is in the box between your feet when seated in the machine? I will check it out tonight. This is my dads bobcat and my first time working on it.

OP
OP
T

trentk

Thank you for the info, I assume the relay is in the box between your feet when seated in the machine? I will check it out tonight. This is my dads bobcat and my first time working on it.
Pulled out the working headlight relay and plugged it into the traction relay and still nothing happens when I hit the "push to operate" button. Then I put the relay back to the headlight position and the lights work fine. Got any other tips? Thank you,

bruceq

Pulled out the working headlight relay and plugged it into the traction relay and still nothing happens when I hit the "push to operate" button. Then I put the relay back to the headlight position and the lights work fine. Got any other tips? Thank you,
Couple of questions... does the LED light up on the panel when you push the green button? Are the seat bar, lift/tilt valve and traction LEDs lit as well when you push the green button? If yes to both of the questions above then I would check power to the traction lock solenoid under the cab to see that it is being energized.

OP
OP
T

trentk

Couple of questions... does the LED light up on the panel when you push the green button? Are the seat bar, lift/tilt valve and traction LEDs lit as well when you push the green button? If yes to both of the questions above then I would check power to the traction lock solenoid under the cab to see that it is being energized.
heres a vid I made. All the lights are working correctly as far as I can tell. When I hit the push to operate button I expect the 4th light to come on at the same time that the loud click occurs indicating that the brake has released. That only occurs about 10% of the time. 10 minutes after shooting this video it worked correctly but it took many tries. After it worked right the first time it was good for the next 30 minutes until I was done for the night.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRijtLQHa4

bruceq

heres a vid I made. All the lights are working correctly as far as I can tell. When I hit the push to operate button I expect the 4th light to come on at the same time that the loud click occurs indicating that the brake has released. That only occurs about 10% of the time. 10 minutes after shooting this video it worked correctly but it took many tries. After it worked right the first time it was good for the next 30 minutes until I was done for the night.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRijtLQHa4
Your video is marked private so no access...

Tazza

Staff member
sorry about that, I fixed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRijtLQHa4
I'm wondering if there is an issue with the park brake switch or park brake coil.
With the seat bar down and pressing the push to operate button, the brake should come off, no need to hit traction lock over ride.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm wondering if there is an issue with the park brake switch or park brake coil.
With the seat bar down and pressing the push to operate button, the brake should come off, no need to hit traction lock over ride.
I can never remember how to get the codes up on the screen as i don't need to do it often on my machines (good thing i guess). It's either ignition off, or ignition on, press and hold the light button and if you have any error codes, they will flash on the screen.

reaperman

I can never remember how to get the codes up on the screen as i don't need to do it often on my machines (good thing i guess). It's either ignition off, or ignition on, press and hold the light button and if you have any error codes, they will flash on the screen.
Press and hold the "lights" button until either the word NONE or a error code will display in the hour meter window.

OP
OP
T

trentk

Press and hold the "lights" button until either the word NONE or a error code will display in the hour meter window.
When I check for codes it reads out "none" it has been behaving ok for the past week, hopefully it lasts but it has done this in spurts before. I did try to hit the push to operate button with the right foot brake latched in the up position and this prevented the brake from releasing like shown in the video. I am wondering if that sensor by your right foot could be going out which would prevent the traction lock button from releasing the brake?

Latest posts