763 no bucket tilt or raise

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nautique

I just recently bought a used 763f hiflo. with 1500 hours. Everything was working great with no problems. Last night I put on a FFC mini hoe attachment it worked fine all night. This morning I started her up everything was working I shut it down and then on restart no raise or tilt. The left AHC hand control , left green led blinks a code 2 (actuator not calibrated). And the BICS valve light is not lit Some info or help to lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Fishfiles

The hand controlled machine are nightmares , you are going to probally have to take it back and have it hhoked up by a dealer to thier lap top , there is a procedure the owner can do to reset (recalibrate) the controlls in the manuel , which may be all you need , I have been told this procedure has to be done if any wire conectors are unplugged or a part changed , good luck with that one , hand controlls are very expensive when they break

OP
OP
N

nautique

The hand controlled machine are nightmares , you are going to probally have to take it back and have it hhoked up by a dealer to thier lap top , there is a procedure the owner can do to reset (recalibrate) the controlls in the manuel , which may be all you need , I have been told this procedure has to be done if any wire conectors are unplugged or a part changed , good luck with that one , hand controlls are very expensive when they break
Thanks for the info. Would you or anybody know that procedure. The cat is stuck where it broke with the hoe stuck in ground ! I dont have a repair manuel yet. Need to get one asap

TriHonu

Thanks for the info. Would you or anybody know that procedure. The cat is stuck where it broke with the hoe stuck in ground ! I dont have a repair manuel yet. Need to get one asap
I tried to upload scans of the first 3 pages on Advanced Hand Controls from the Service Manual to the Media/Photos area. However, when the images uploaded they were compressed and you can't read the text when you download them. The Folder is AHC_763.
So I'll paraphrase the info.
2 Flashes = Actuator Not Calibrated.
Cause 1 - Control Valve Spool sticking or not centered during shutdown.
Solution - Turn Key Off. Check to ensure spool (on control valve) moves freely, returns to neutral, turn key on.
Cause 2 - Faulty Actuator.
Solution - Check to insure actuator moves freely on the actuator mounting bolt.
Jeff

TriHonu

I tried to upload scans of the first 3 pages on Advanced Hand Controls from the Service Manual to the Media/Photos area. However, when the images uploaded they were compressed and you can't read the text when you download them. The Folder is AHC_763.
So I'll paraphrase the info.
2 Flashes = Actuator Not Calibrated.
Cause 1 - Control Valve Spool sticking or not centered during shutdown.
Solution - Turn Key Off. Check to ensure spool (on control valve) moves freely, returns to neutral, turn key on.
Cause 2 - Faulty Actuator.
Solution - Check to insure actuator moves freely on the actuator mounting bolt.
Jeff
Here are those 3 pages as an pdf file. Service Manual AHC pg 1-3
Jeff
--------------------------------------------
"I've never let a computer out-think me..."

hvyduty

Here are those 3 pages as an pdf file. Service Manual AHC pg 1-3
Jeff
--------------------------------------------
"I've never let a computer out-think me..."
The s185 system can be calibrated as follows not sure weather this will work on 763s Turn key on do not start. press the pto operatate button. stroke both handles fully in and hold. lift seat bar high enougth so the pto light goes off. lower seat bar. press pto button to begin calibration The actuators should cycle. release the hand controls. some times if you loosen the actuators a little the vavves move more freely remember to tighten after testing is done.

OP
OP
N

nautique

The s185 system can be calibrated as follows not sure weather this will work on 763s Turn key on do not start. press the pto operatate button. stroke both handles fully in and hold. lift seat bar high enougth so the pto light goes off. lower seat bar. press pto button to begin calibration The actuators should cycle. release the hand controls. some times if you loosen the actuators a little the vavves move more freely remember to tighten after testing is done.
Thanks for the info. I am a car mechanic but never worked on a skid steer they are a different beast. TRIHONU, in the picture of the control valve actuator it is hard to tell where it is and what it looks like? I will get out there and mess with it some time today hopefully

OP
OP
N

nautique

Thanks for the info. I am a car mechanic but never worked on a skid steer they are a different beast. TRIHONU, in the picture of the control valve actuator it is hard to tell where it is and what it looks like? I will get out there and mess with it some time today hopefully
Got it going today after many test. It ended up being just the actuators went out of calibration I think I have a interment problem with my left hand control not returning to center

Tazza

Staff member
Got it going today after many test. It ended up being just the actuators went out of calibration I think I have a interment problem with my left hand control not returning to center
Glad it was something simple, but its really frustrating when you can't work it out.
Electronics in earth moving equipment has always been a bad idea, manual linkages have been proven to be efective!