763 Low Oil Pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pyanke

I have a 763 that for the past couple months, when you idol down I get a low oil pressure alert (EP2). I have recently changed the oil using 15/40. Any ideas where to look? If its the oil pump, how difficult is this to change?

OldMachinist

First I would put a pressure gauge in the oil pressure sensor port to verify that it is really low pressure or just a sensor going bad. Kubota V2203 idle oil pressure should be 14psi, low limit is7psi. You will likely have to plumb the gauge in with a tee so the sensor is still there or you will get another alarm or shut down.

Fishfiles

First I would put a pressure gauge in the oil pressure sensor port to verify that it is really low pressure or just a sensor going bad. Kubota V2203 idle oil pressure should be 14psi, low limit is7psi. You will likely have to plumb the gauge in with a tee so the sensor is still there or you will get another alarm or shut down.
I wonder how often you have been changing your oil first , 250 hours is the max I'd go between changes , if you have been up to date on oil changes , I would think it's a bad oil pressure sensor as I see them go out alot ---------I 'd do as suggested and tee in a gauge to verify , if you would have to buy a gague and fittings to do it , then I would just buy a sending unit and try that ------------also something to look at is to remove the oil filter and then remove the nipple that the oil filter screws onto to , behind the nipple is a spring and ball , if that sticks from a piece of trash or something the oil pressure will be low , one other thing would be to check the wiring from the sensor as I have seen the harness rub on the fuel filter housing