763 - Is this the Temp Sensor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fire93Medic

My father said his temperate gauge on his 763 has not been working. Before I got around to troubleshooting it some he tried to removed what he thinks is the temp sensor and broke the end off. I tried looking up the replacement part and cannot seem to match it. If this is the sensor does anyone know the part number and if it isn't, what is it since I will be replacing that too. Thanks in advance Andrew Having trouble uploading a photo so here is a link to it in my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvvpctc4m69okyn/IMG_0356.JPG?dl=0

walio123

It is not a temp sensor it is a engine oil pressure sender.As far as I can see, it's a single cable sensor. Everyone grey colored from vw golf or vw pasat will fit. I can check for original part nuber later /tomorrow/

OP
OP
F

Fire93Medic

It is not a temp sensor it is a engine oil pressure sender.As far as I can see, it's a single cable sensor. Everyone grey colored from vw golf or vw pasat will fit. I can check for original part nuber later /tomorrow/
Thanks for the quick response. I looked up Bobcat sensors and a lot seem to have a plug on the end and not the threaded stud like the one on our machine. The VW ones have a spade connector. I looked up a Kubota sensor and they look like they will work. I am not very familiar with these, are they interchangeable like that? The bobcat one was $50, if if thats what I need to get thats fine but if a $10-20 Kubota/VW one will do the same even better. - Thanks - Andrew - https://www.amazon.com/All-States-Ag-Parts-15841-39010/dp/B073WWY4Q5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2SE3PKOKBEULQ&keywords=kubota+oil+pressure+switch&qid=1551220384&s=gateway&sprefix=Kubota+oil+pressure+%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-5

walio123

Thanks for the quick response. I looked up Bobcat sensors and a lot seem to have a plug on the end and not the threaded stud like the one on our machine. The VW ones have a spade connector. I looked up a Kubota sensor and they look like they will work. I am not very familiar with these, are they interchangeable like that? The bobcat one was $50, if if thats what I need to get thats fine but if a $10-20 Kubota/VW one will do the same even better. - Thanks - Andrew - https://www.amazon.com/All-States-Ag-Parts-15841-39010/dp/B073WWY4Q5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2SE3PKOKBEULQ&keywords=kubota+oil+pressure+switch&qid=1551220384&s=gateway&sprefix=Kubota+oil+pressure+%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-5
Yes, they are replaceable. This is just a switch that reacts to the pressure. You only need to know for what pressure is set. Those from VW gray in color are suitable. There are others in color / brown / but work at another pressure. Also the outlet must be normally open. There are also normally closed. You need to know what you're looking for. This one for the Kubota will work, I do not know the thread what it is. You may have to remove elbow and roll it straight into the block. Elbow tread as far i can remember is a imperial one , on kubota and vw is a metric.In engine block is a metric tread 10x1.