763 is it a good machine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rich223

Hi new to forum and to skid steers. I have a chance to buy a 1999 763 with 2000 hours for $11500. What do you guys think of this price and the machine. I plan on using this machine to clear farm land of heavy brush and pulling dead trees out of the heavy brush . Any help will be appreciated.

Fishfiles

Rich , I don't think is a good deal , I would think it's above top dollar for it , the machine is a good one the 763 is a work horse which is reliable and easy to work one , the hours to me are on the high side , I consider 3000 as the best part of it's life , after that's it still works but has to see the doctor alot more often , it's pushing 8 years old , I say if it were in very good condition it may pull $9,000 , fair condition $7,500-$8,000 , and poor condition $5,000 down

siduramaxde

Rich , I don't think is a good deal , I would think it's above top dollar for it , the machine is a good one the 763 is a work horse which is reliable and easy to work one , the hours to me are on the high side , I consider 3000 as the best part of it's life , after that's it still works but has to see the doctor alot more often , it's pushing 8 years old , I say if it were in very good condition it may pull $9,000 , fair condition $7,500-$8,000 , and poor condition $5,000 down
For that money you could find a larger 863 and it will do much more.

Thanks guys I think I will offer 8500,since one of the local New Holland dealers has new 160's for sale at 21500
Kinda light for land clearing. You never want to use any machine at its operational limits day in and day out. Just won't last-no matter what the brochure says. An old boy told me years ago, when it comes to equipment, "I'd rather ride the big horse" He was right!

Latest posts