763 history c,f,g etc

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vettes

Im still getting use to my bobcat, my first skidsteer (3 weeks and counting), had a few questions, and thanks to you guys, learned alot here on this forum! I have a 763 C model, i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the letter means, i have seen f, g and c's. Is this just part of a year to year thing? Currently I dont have an enclosed cab, and would like to put on on before next winter, will any 763 cab enclosure work f,g,c etc? Thanks Andy

mrfixitpaul

Here's a copy or a recent post ...maybe it'll help It's hard to tell from looking at them. C and F's Look the same. G and K's look the same. The C-series machines were basically the first transverse-mounted engine jobs, and were a ground-up redisign.. F-series machines had the BICS system with electric brake and proportional auxillaries, and all revisions from the C-series are internal. G-series are again a ground-up redesign, easily distinguishable by the rounded corners on the cab and triangular headlights, with a more advanced (and more costly to maintain)electrical system. K-series(the latest) are again outwardly the same as G-series machines, with a redesigned electrical harness and a speed-controlled hydraulic cooling fan. The way I tell at a glance is by the decals, if they're still there.....=) C-model numbers top to bottom F-model numbers left to right, color coded green for medium frame and orange for large frame. G-all orange with rounded cab. K-the "Bobcat" Decal under the model number is rounded and sort of integrated with the model number-hard to explain but recognizeable. When ordering parts, Bobcat dosen't really care what series or year your machine is. They want the serial number and all parts and features are identified tracked by serial number alone.

Skiddy

Here's a copy or a recent post ...maybe it'll help It's hard to tell from looking at them. C and F's Look the same. G and K's look the same. The C-series machines were basically the first transverse-mounted engine jobs, and were a ground-up redisign.. F-series machines had the BICS system with electric brake and proportional auxillaries, and all revisions from the C-series are internal. G-series are again a ground-up redesign, easily distinguishable by the rounded corners on the cab and triangular headlights, with a more advanced (and more costly to maintain)electrical system. K-series(the latest) are again outwardly the same as G-series machines, with a redesigned electrical harness and a speed-controlled hydraulic cooling fan. The way I tell at a glance is by the decals, if they're still there.....=) C-model numbers top to bottom F-model numbers left to right, color coded green for medium frame and orange for large frame. G-all orange with rounded cab. K-the "Bobcat" Decal under the model number is rounded and sort of integrated with the model number-hard to explain but recognizeable. When ordering parts, Bobcat dosen't really care what series or year your machine is. They want the serial number and all parts and features are identified tracked by serial number alone.
I have a 97 763H whis is high flow. we specified the H when we ordered it new because we need massive flow to operate our large snow blower.

skidsteer.ca

I have a 97 763H whis is high flow. we specified the H when we ordered it new because we need massive flow to operate our large snow blower.
You would need cab parts from any of the machine with the cross ways engine before the G model. If it has triangle headlights it won't work.
But in those years the 553 to 863 all used the same cab.
Ken

Latest posts