763 G Bobcat still locking up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ralph123

So I changed the seat bar sensor and the battery cables. Cleaned and tightened all the grounds I could find but still locking up. Something is different thou, now the oil temperature light usually comes on when it locks up. It is still pretty cold here and it will do it right off the start so I can't see how the oil is too hot.

OP
OP
R

Ralph123

Lovking up, the brake comes on or engine shutdown?
Everything locks up. Hydraulics and electrical. Sometimes only brakes but usually foot pedals too. It doesn't usually shut off only if I am going too fast when it locks up. Have to push the green button to get it moving again but sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times.

Bobcatdan

Everything locks up. Hydraulics and electrical. Sometimes only brakes but usually foot pedals too. It doesn't usually shut off only if I am going too fast when it locks up. Have to push the green button to get it moving again but sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times.
I wonder if you are loosing rpm signal. A dead giveaway is the glow plug counter counting down with the engine running.

OP
OP
R

Ralph123

I wonder if you are loosing rpm signal. A dead giveaway is the glow plug counter counting down with the engine running.
No glow plug counts down but when you start it the hour meter is there. Pulled the brake solenoid. Looks like it has been changed before. It says made in China and has no gasket. I can test it at work. Kinda hoping it is bad cause I would rather spend the money than the time.

7LBSSMALLIE

No glow plug counts down but when you start it the hour meter is there. Pulled the brake solenoid. Looks like it has been changed before. It says made in China and has no gasket. I can test it at work. Kinda hoping it is bad cause I would rather spend the money than the time.
my first guestion would be? what does code sheet read. would suspect multiple low batt codes.?

bobkat843

Sounds like a faulty switch . Those activating switches get pushed at least a dozen times on every use of the machine

mmsllc

Sounds like a faulty switch . Those activating switches get pushed at least a dozen times on every use of the machine
The green button seems to be a common denominator, but it could also be a loose wiring connection, or something simple like the seat bar switch (magnetic) switch. All of these can give you the same symptom. Are any of the lights on the box to the right of the seat going out? These lights will help narrow it down quite a bit.

Bobcatdan

The green button seems to be a common denominator, but it could also be a loose wiring connection, or something simple like the seat bar switch (magnetic) switch. All of these can give you the same symptom. Are any of the lights on the box to the right of the seat going out? These lights will help narrow it down quite a bit.
If everything is locking up, its not the brake. The brake and hydraulic lock out are two separate systems tied together by the overall BICS system. With the hydraulic light coming on too makes me wonder if there is a sensor circuit problem. There are several things that could be the cause that I can only speculate about since I can't see and test the unit myself. First is running system voltage normal? If it's over 15v, its going to lock up. Next could be any of the sensors could be bad causing the 5v sensor circuit to goof up. The controller doesn't always know how to read this problem and will do goofy things. Could be a bad controller. Could need a harness.

Latest posts