763 drive belt question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hyp7

Which one is the drive belt that wont let the machine move or the one that slips? There are 2 under the cover a v-belt and a serpentine belt. The serpentine belt is real tight but the v-belt is a little looser. All the lights come on the BICS but the machine will barely move or lift the bucket. There is also a v-belt on the other end of the motor. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
H

hyp7

Go to this link http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=31fe914bdce0f590ab1eab3e9fa335caae057bbf58279b99 and download the Preventative Maintenance section of the 763 service manual. On pages 30-32 it tells how to adjust the drive belt tension and replace it needed.
Thanks for the link. The preventative maintenance section is not there to download everything in the service manual is there just not that section. Thanks

OldMachinist

Thanks for the link. The preventative maintenance section is not there to download everything in the service manual is there just not that section. Thanks
It should be there now I noticed a couple of sections were missing after I posted the link and uploaded them.

mrfixitpaul

It should be there now I noticed a couple of sections were missing after I posted the link and uploaded them.
The serpentine belt is what drives the pumps, the v belt near it drives the fan, the other v belt is for the alternator/water pump. If the pump belt is tight and things are slow, have you checked the hydraulic oil level?

OP
OP
H

hyp7

The serpentine belt is what drives the pumps, the v belt near it drives the fan, the other v belt is for the alternator/water pump. If the pump belt is tight and things are slow, have you checked the hydraulic oil level?
Thanks OldMachinist I got the preventive part. When I get to the machine ill check it out now that I know what im looking for. And yes oil level is good. Thanks again

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks OldMachinist I got the preventive part. When I get to the machine ill check it out now that I know what im looking for. And yes oil level is good. Thanks again
The single belt should be lose'ish it has a spring loaded tensioner. This belt runs the cooling fan.
The other belt should be really quite tight, as mentioned, it transfers the power from the engine to the main drive pump.