753 overheating

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cahani

I have 753 and he overheating when I move along distance for drop but if I work in the same area without overheating what can be the reason???

Tazza

Staff member
First thing is to check the oil cooler and radiator is clear.
Are you talking engine temperature? or was it oil temperature?
When driving, the oil doesn't all go back through the oil cooler, it's sort of a closed loop, that has some case drain fluid that goes back to the tank to draw in fresh cooler oil. Generally this is not an issue though. Mostly you get issues when running something like a hydraulic slasher or something that pumps a lot of fluid around in a circle.

OP
OP
C

cahani

First thing is to check the oil cooler and radiator is clear.
Are you talking engine temperature? or was it oil temperature?
When driving, the oil doesn't all go back through the oil cooler, it's sort of a closed loop, that has some case drain fluid that goes back to the tank to draw in fresh cooler oil. Generally this is not an issue though. Mostly you get issues when running something like a hydraulic slasher or something that pumps a lot of fluid around in a circle.
I talking about engine temperature The oil cooler and the radiator is clean So I don't understand why the engine temperature going up???

foton

I talking about engine temperature The oil cooler and the radiator is clean So I don't understand why the engine temperature going up???
it could be something stupid like a thermostat not opening enough to circulate enough coolant under load. Of course you need to look at your engine oil to make sure it does not look milky, have you looked at the coolant to see if there is a excessive amount of turbulence as maybe exhaust gas mixing?

OP
OP
C

cahani

it could be something stupid like a thermostat not opening enough to circulate enough coolant under load. Of course you need to look at your engine oil to make sure it does not look milky, have you looked at the coolant to see if there is a excessive amount of turbulence as maybe exhaust gas mixing?
I take out the thermostat so it's not thermostat problem The oil looks good and no gas mixing

foton

I take out the thermostat so it's not thermostat problem The oil looks good and no gas mixing
you really need a thermostat in there at least a 160 degree f. a 180 would be better. for better combustion and believe it or not engine oils are engineered to operate at that range.

ianmcolo

Check your fan tensioner arm. They tend to lock up and not allow proper tension on the fan belt which decreases the amount of air the fan pushes. The fan tensioner arm has a spring attached to it to keep constant tension on the belt. The more you work the machine the hotter it gets and need more air.