753 one wheel on one side not driving all the time

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Raydar

Hi all, newbie here. I have searched on the forums but can only find where one side (both wheels) or the other will not drive on a 753 Bobcat. My problem is the left front tire will stop turning when it gets into a bind but the left rear wheel still spins (recently found while plowing snow). I have raised the front tires off the ground and cannot turn the left front tire with it off the ground and I can feel no appreciable end shake on the axle indicating bad bearings. This machine has about 2000 hour on it and seems to be pretty well cared for. Any helpful thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pizat

Remove front panel on the chaincase and have a look what's going on. Busted chain? Stripped spline? Sproket came off?

farmshop

Remove front panel on the chaincase and have a look what's going on. Busted chain? Stripped spline? Sproket came off?
I would also guess this to be the case. I would guess splines or possibly the hub is broken from the sprocket. I guess you could have a problem with the wheel hub to the axle shaft also

DogTrap

I had a 863 I purchased new in 2000, I had this problem over 2000 hours with 3 of the 4 wheels. The computer that welded the sprocket to the drive shaft for each wheel missed most of the area it should have welded. This allowed the sprocket to spin on the shaft when under load.

farmshop

I had a 863 I purchased new in 2000, I had this problem over 2000 hours with 3 of the 4 wheels. The computer that welded the sprocket to the drive shaft for each wheel missed most of the area it should have welded. This allowed the sprocket to spin on the shaft when under load.
We had a 763 that this happened on. Luckily I was able to reweld it through the access cover