753 Hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

WayneShaw

I bought this 753 about 5 years ago (it's a 1980's something) to use around our property, and have had no problems at all. It has the hydraulic lines for attachments with quick disconnects, but to date, I've never used an attachment. However, I need to rent an auger this weekend, and before I do, I'm wondering if there is a way for me to verify everything works as they should. The switches, the forward/reverse flow, etc. I would hate to go rent the attachment only to find I have a problem I can't readily fix. Any ideas how I can verify it all works?

Tazza

Staff member
the best way to check them is to get a pair of couplers and hook them up. Attach a hose or hold a bucket to catch the oil.
To engage the aux hydraulics, look at the right hand side dash, there is a button for aux hydraulics. One press enabled intermittent flow, one light will lite up. Move the paddle switch on the right lever left or right to get flow from the top or bottom coupler, left will operate one, right will operate the other one. To enable continuous flow press the button on the dash a second time, both lights should lite up. Press the trigger and oil will keep flowing from one of the couplers till you press the trigger again.
You can do a very basic test without buying couplers or messy oil. do the same test as above with the engine RPM at idle, listen to the engine bog down a little and a whistle from the relief as the oil dead ends at the quick couplers. So with intermittent flow engaged, move the switch left and listen to the HSSSS noise let it go and it should stop, then move it to the right and listen for the same tone then let it go. Operate continuous flow and press the trigger it should start making the same noise press it again and it should stop.
About as basic as i can think of.

skidsteer.ca

the best way to check them is to get a pair of couplers and hook them up. Attach a hose or hold a bucket to catch the oil.
To engage the aux hydraulics, look at the right hand side dash, there is a button for aux hydraulics. One press enabled intermittent flow, one light will lite up. Move the paddle switch on the right lever left or right to get flow from the top or bottom coupler, left will operate one, right will operate the other one. To enable continuous flow press the button on the dash a second time, both lights should lite up. Press the trigger and oil will keep flowing from one of the couplers till you press the trigger again.
You can do a very basic test without buying couplers or messy oil. do the same test as above with the engine RPM at idle, listen to the engine bog down a little and a whistle from the relief as the oil dead ends at the quick couplers. So with intermittent flow engaged, move the switch left and listen to the HSSSS noise let it go and it should stop, then move it to the right and listen for the same tone then let it go. Operate continuous flow and press the trigger it should start making the same noise press it again and it should stop.
About as basic as i can think of.
The only trouble I had with my old 753 was the momentary flow switch on the rh steering lever (thumb switch) was froze with dust and grit and would not move. It had been used with a hoe and brusher so the continuous flow worked on the finger trigger, but I rented a grapple, so momentary flow was needed.
It took a lot (hour or more) of fiddling and wd 40 but I finally got the thumb switch freed up again and it was fine for the next 1000 hours I used the machine.
As Tazza said, no harm in activating it with not couplers connected. The system will come up to full pressure and the relief will open with a squeal or whistle. It will do the same thing if you stall the auger. Does really test your hoses, but better to blow a cheesy old hose b4 you rent then during
Ken

OP
OP
W

WayneShaw

The only trouble I had with my old 753 was the momentary flow switch on the rh steering lever (thumb switch) was froze with dust and grit and would not move. It had been used with a hoe and brusher so the continuous flow worked on the finger trigger, but I rented a grapple, so momentary flow was needed.
It took a lot (hour or more) of fiddling and wd 40 but I finally got the thumb switch freed up again and it was fine for the next 1000 hours I used the machine.
As Tazza said, no harm in activating it with not couplers connected. The system will come up to full pressure and the relief will open with a squeal or whistle. It will do the same thing if you stall the auger. Does really test your hoses, but better to blow a cheesy old hose b4 you rent then during
Ken
Thanks, sounds simple enough, and logical. I'll see what happens, or what I hear!

OP
OP
W

WayneShaw

Thanks, sounds simple enough, and logical. I'll see what happens, or what I hear!
Thanks guys. I tried what was suggested and I'm happy to say I could clearly hear the bypass happen when I went through each step. Now, if I can only get my holes bored through this VA shale this weekend.....