753 engine problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hoerider11

Hi all, I have owned my 753 since 97. It has about 4700hr hrs, I'm the original owner and have never done anything to the motor, apart from oil and filter change. It has always started right up and never burns oil. Today I shut it down after about 30 minutes of use, and went to start her up again and the engine sounded like it was straining to turn over and it didn't fire up. I know its not the ususal stuff like fuel or electrical problems. It worries me because it has never sounded like this before. It feels like the starter is loaded and having a hard time turning the engine over. Any ideas and help will be appreciated

Fishfiles

quick thought , since you don't think it's electrical ( starter /battery ) maybe it is not the engine and the hydraulic pump locked up , you could remove the drive belt and try it , that would eliminate any pump issues

Tazza

Staff member
quick thought , since you don't think it's electrical ( starter /battery ) maybe it is not the engine and the hydraulic pump locked up , you could remove the drive belt and try it , that would eliminate any pump issues
Check the coolant level too, has it been running hot?